Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd say longer. Things can change from now onwards.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
besides this wasnt his first mistake on air - he did make one a few months back on You're on Sky Sports by quoting a controversal (sp?) book name with the 'N' word in
I knew he'd have a series of incidents, so I guess his dismissal was as a result of cumulative incidents. I saw him once and told a phoner, on You're On Sky Sports, to shut up. I think the phoner was an Arsenal fan complaining many months on about the Utd game.
marychrist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
people need to lighten up and stop taking everything so seriously.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That was a big surprise. I didnt see it but it sounds like a great match
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm so happy federer got knocked out...i never liked him and i never will!!!
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it's a disgrace

bloody brilliant joke as well, works on all levels
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
normally i'd be one for hating the bigger arrogant sides but I quite like Chelsea at the moment, still ****ing hate Man Yoo but Mourinho is a legend
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They can win what they want quite frankly, they've spent enough. I've become tired of the sport with all the money involved. :bebored:
and whatever chelsea win will be worthless, after all where would they be without Abramovich? they've totally bought their way to success in either one way or another :secruity:

As long as Utd win the Champions League, that's good enough for me!
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
george best? the other blokes on the panel...

besides this wasnt his first mistake on air - he did make one a few months back on You're on Sky Sports by quoting a controversal (sp?) book name with the 'N' word in
Nah, George Best goes to fratton park every other week
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Man how can you not like Roger? he's one of the nicest guys out there

Federer wasn't at his best there surely! but Safin played a good match to say the least, now in his 3rd Australian open final :cool:

For Roddic vs Hewitt I tip Hewitt no doubt. Favourable 4-1 record against Andy and blasted him off the court in 2 sets just 2 months ago in the Masters Cup. Plus this is Hewitt's home tournament.

So Safin vs Hewitt in the final a tough one to call. They have a 5-5 record in previous meetings and this is Safin's 3rd aussie final and Hewitt's home tournament. I'd have to see how hewitt fairs against roddic but I think i'll chose Safin as the champion, he knocked Roger out after all and it should be 3rd time lucky :cool:

As for the women Williams has a 9-4 edge in their previous meetings, but Davenport has taken two straight tournament's recently. I'll still go for William's though, she played awsome to knock Maria out so I think she'll be more fired up plus she'll want to prove her critics wrong.

nice thread btw
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I'd say longer. Things can change from now onwards.
How long do you think it will take for them to reach the Premiership again, then?
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm tipping Roddick tonight although I think it will be a close match. As for the winner it depends on which Safin plays, hopefully the one who beat Federer.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
How long do you think it will take for them to reach the Premiership again, then?
8-10 years. Not that I have anything against Leeds. I feel that they should take their time in stabilising things first, then move on slowly but surely. This way it can help secure Premiership survival etc. Thing is, Ken's getting on a bit. If he dies whilst still Leeds chairman what would happen?
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have to say I'm schocked to see that Safin beat Federer. I thought he'd win comfortable, but credit where it's due Safin played very well and didn't lose his never after throwing numerous Match Points. He deserved the win in the end. Hopefully he'll go on to win it now.

Shame Shazza went out, especially after being the better player in my opinion, but as i said i had a feeling Serena would win. I just think she's hungrier for success then the rest, She needs to prove the critics wrong. Still think she'll go on to win.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
8-10 years. Not that I have anything against Leeds. I feel that they should take their time in stabilising things first, then move on slowly but surely. This way it can help secure Premiership survival etc. Thing is, Ken's getting on a bit. If he dies whilst still Leeds chairman what would happen?
I'm sure he will have considered this, and put a safety net in place of some sort. I think the debts will be cleared within 2 or 3 years, and then he will look to build on from there. He is a very clever man, and i think as long as hes there they should be back soon enough. They have a large fanbase, which will help. They need a good group of youngsters to come through, that would help alot.

I still think they'll be back in around 5 years or so, whether or not they'll stay up i'm not so sure.
smallthoms
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm just glad I didn't ask my Dad to put money on Federer winning the 4 slams this year!

Not sure who'll win tonight. I just hope Safin gets the title because I'm not keen on either Roddick or Hewitt.

And I think Serena will beat Davenport.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He'll win two at the most.
smallthoms
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
He'll win two at the most.
He'll certainly stand a chance at Wimbledon and the US.

As for the French, I think he has an outside chance. Not a very big one, but maybe worth a flutter. If Tim Henman can reach the semi, anything is possible.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He has a chance at the first two, Roland Garros will be to an argentinean again :aetsch:
smallthoms
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
He has a chance at the first two, Roland Garros will be to an argentinean again :aetsch:
Coria, Gaudio or another?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads