Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
...Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (who wrote the Sherlock Holmes books) was Portsmouth FC's first ever goalkeeper!! :eek:

Another useless fact: Stockport County sold a player to Manchester United in the 1926/27 season for three freezers of ice cream - which they used for the Christmas party.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
...Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (who wrote the Sherlock Holmes books) was Portsmouth FC's first ever goalkeeper!! :eek:
Correct. I had no idea.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)

Another useless fact: Stockport County sold a player to Manchester United in the 1926/27 season for three freezers of ice cream - which they used for the Christmas party.

thats cool
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by smithsfan)
Indeed theres only one davie Moyes!! and he manages another top team in blue. Heres to next seasons champions league!! (we hope!!)
i hope everton get into Europe - after all the effort they put in, they deserve it - some great buys as well
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Is it true that there is no top grade hockey being played this year due to a players strike or something to do with a tv deal?

Apparantly alot of the best players from America and Canada are taking a year off and playing in the european leagues.
Yeah... The NHL is locked out. However talks are still ongoing as I understand so there is a chance that the NHL could start at some point. Im from Coventry & I know that Wade Belak from the Maple leaves is playing for them while the league is locked out. However they will go back as soon as/ if the despute over pay is sorted.
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i hope everton get into Europe - after all the effort they put in, they deserve it - some great buys as well
Not sure Beattie was the right one though. We need a midfielder to replace Gravesen or we are screwed.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Davie_Moyes)
Not sure Beattie was the right one though. We need a midfielder to replace Gravesen or we are screwed.
he might do better with everton though because of the prospect of European football and moyes is a good coach ( is he a coach? )
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I knew :p:

It was on Have I Got News For You before - Doyle, Popey, and two others I can't really remember.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
I knew :p:

It was on Have I Got News For You before - Doyle, Popey, and two others I can't really remember.
Can I have one of your offers :mad:
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Is it true that there is no top grade hockey being played this year due to a players strike or something to do with a tv deal?

Apparantly alot of the best players from America and Canada are taking a year off and playing in the european leagues.

British Clubs like Bracknall, Sheffield, Newcastle, Coventry, Nottingham, Cardiff and Belfast are picking up NHL players who just want to play the game during the season.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wat time is the Men's final tomorrow?
chandni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
0830 GMT according to radio 5live
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:mad: I'm so jealous! Just found out my dad's going to be at the final tomorrow. Apparently he was at the women's final today as well... :rolleyes: I'll have to make sure he gets some nice close-up pictures of Hewitt for me :cool:
Lillith Grimore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Pope used to be the goalkeeper for his local football team
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
:mad: I'm so jealous! Just found out my dad's going to be at the final tomorrow. Apparently he was at the women's final today as well... :rolleyes: I'll have to make sure he gets some nice close-up pictures of Hewitt for me :cool:
:eek: Wicked! ...Should be a great game!
Was your dad already in Australia then?
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
:eek: Wicked! ...Should be a great game!
Was your dad already in Australia then?
Yeah he's there for a week on business. He has some friends out there though so obviously managed to take time off work to go with them :rolleyes:
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lillith Grimore)
The Pope used to be the goalkeeper for his local football team
I knew that :p:
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
You don't realise how jealous i am right now. :mad:

Although i'm going to watch United Vs Milan soon, so that'll make up for it.
K_G_UK_1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
You don't realise how jealous i am right now. :mad:

Although i'm going to watch United Vs Milan soon, so that'll make up for it.
Go Serena!! Brillaint shots!
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There was some Danish (I think) player who was sold for his own weight in prawns.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.1%
No (233)
75.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed