TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
http://home.grandecom.net/~toma/futebol/

...The Carlos France ones.
The directory also has that Anderson kid.
Wow that's crazy :eek:
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
NIce one!!

un-doable technique (best seen from angle 2).
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Yeah, i meant 97. I tried editing my mistake, but you caught me first.
Lol, sorry :p:

It was against France in the 3 team tournament. I might be wrong, but didn't England win the tournament in the end?
Yup

Team P W D L F A Pts
England 3 2 0 1 3 1 6
Brazil 3 1 2 0 5 4 5
France 3 0 2 1 3 4 2
Italy 3 0 2 1 5 7 2
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oops, i made another mistake. I wrote 3 team instead of 4.

I don't know what's wrong with me tonight.
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and some nice Rivaldo **** too.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)
is it just me being dumb or is he really actually 6 yrs old in some of those clips?! w t f
I thought that aswell. It says that the footage was filmed in 2001, and it's now 2004. That would have made him 6.

I can't believe that, though...
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought that aswell. It says that the footage was filmed in 2001, and it's now 2004. That would have made him 6.

I can't believe that, though...
ah yes, it;s confirmed by the article A.F.I. posted.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a couple of sweet Roberto Carlos vids on my computer... any way i can post them on here?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a couple of sweet Roberto Carlos vids on my computer... any way i can post them on here?
Don't think so =(

...If they r smaller than 100kb u cud upload 'em.
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you could upload them onto a webspace/website, and give us the links or [IMG] them.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
...If they r smaller than 100kb u cud upload 'em.
Nope, they're all roughly 1MB. Oh well, at least i can see 'em.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)
you could upload them onto a webspace/website, and give us the links or [IMG] them.
You know any sites where i can do this then?
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know any sites where i can do this then?
try Yahoo Geocities, or any webpage provider really..
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
training long distance could actually make you worse as you wanna keep everything fast-twitch.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm, I'm not very good at this.

I'll have a go. Otherwise just download some clips yourselves. The best one is against tenerife.
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would do both. Obviously not spend hours and hours doing marathons. Just the odd run is going to keep you healthy apart from anything.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ANyone know where I can get a clip of Rivaldo's incredible hatrick last day of the 2002 season against Valencia?

The one where he scored like a last minute Overhead kick to win Barca the match so that they finished 4th and got into the champs league and Valencia finished 5th... incredible game that aswell... Rivaldo's hatrick was just perfect though! ...That overhead kick was one of the best goals ever!!
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=saturn]hi i just wondered whether endurance training ie going for long jogs will help my performance in 200m since it uses a different energy system

It probably will help because it will build up your cardiovascular ability to help you take in more oxygen & so improve performance. At the end of the day all exercise is beneficial.

Bad luck about the gf by the way at least she seems cool with it
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
training long distance could actually make you worse as you wanna keep everything fast-twitch.
ive never heard as much c*** as this statement in my life , sorry im guessing its something you learnt in a biology class but are incorrectly applying to training

fast twich and slow twitch are two seperate fibres so improving slow twitch (endurance) cannot hinder fast twitch
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
ive never heard as much c*** as this statement in my life , sorry im guessing its something you learnt in a biology class but are incorrectly applying to training

fast twich and slow twitch are two seperate fibres so improving slow twitch (endurance) cannot hinder fast twitch
Im un-sure on the effect of endurance training on fast-twitch muscle fibres, but I will say this:

Doing long runs(endurance work) promotes a physiological response to adapt to this, meaning your body will become more efficient at running. So, imagine running for an hour today, and say your heart-rate is on average 160bpm for the duration of the run. Now, if you were to do this regularly, after many weeks of training it might be 150bpm on average, to do exactly the same run - hence your body requires less energy to do the same effort.

This, as you can imagine, is nothing but a good thing if you want to be able to run fast for any sort of duration.

Having said that, 200m is a sprint, and is an extremely short race, and I would imagine it is mostly anaerobic, therefore doing long runs at a low intensity could be absolutely pointless..

Basically - ask your coach(if you have one) and if you dont, get one.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise