Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
RVN himself admitted that he himself is missing becks so how could you possibly come out with such a statement. admittedly ronaldo has phenomenal potential but he can't be expected to fill david beckham's boots straightaway. and then there is the transfer fee that we recieved- next to nothing considering what he was bringing into the club in terms of revenue from far east etc. shouldn't have sold him n that's the bottom line
Ruud won't be missing his crosses when Cris plays more often, his crosses are at least as dangerous, if less frequent (and that's no reflection on either Beckham or Cris). I think Ferguson wanted to build a new United, out of a new core. Ditching Beckham was probably part of this. Remember when everyone thought it wrong of Fergie to ditch Kanchelskis in favour of a certain young Englishman with curtains? In seasons to come Giggs and Keane will be phased out and Ferguson's third United will look very different from the European champions, but hopefully as successful. If I can take anything from this season it's that it's been a useful transition for the new lot, who I reckon will go on to big things.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
2-1 Man utd. Henry to score for Arsenal.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
2-1 Man utd. Henry to score for Arsenal.
2-0 Arsenal = henry and pires - mark my words
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
2-0 Arsenal = henry and pires - mark my words
You seem pretty certain...with such an unlikely scoreline.
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
not an incredibly unlikely scoreline- 7/1 with ladbrokes... but i think that it will be 1-1 with arsenal getting a late equaliser
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
u are joking of course - the mighty Arsenal shall prevail with that scoreline - and with those scorers
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
I'm going to put £2 on 4-1 to United. Probably odds of 100-1, and I did win big the last time the two sides met so...
Hey, 4:1 is our scoreline! At least it was against Boro' and will be delighted if it was against Man u.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
u are joking of course - the mighty Arsenal shall prevail with that scoreline - and with those scorers
Yeah i was joking, i am extremely scared Man Utd will lose tomorrow. But i still go for 1-2.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah i was joking, i am extremely scared Man Utd will lose tomorrow. But i still go for 1-2.
once you get rid of Ferguson you can expect to have more of a chance next season
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm going yay! This bigger than the FA cup game? I don't know.

I never give predictions.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
once you get rid of Ferguson you can expect to have more of a chance next season
Doubt it, unless it's Ranieri. Both can definitely work with young players and mould them into a solid team unit, and United always have quality youngsters. If Fergie was to go I really hope Ranieri replaces him and he isn't given all the money he was hung with at Chelsea.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Doubt it, unless it's Ranieri. Both can definitely work with young players and mould them into a solid team unit, and United always have quality youngsters. If Fergie was to go I really hope Ranieri replaces him and he isn't given all the money he was hung with at Chelsea.
why does everyone suddenly want Ranieri? Sure he's a nice guy, but he's seriously underachieved at Chelsea, even if he managed 4th spot last year, and he hasn't sent money THAT well this season.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
why does everyone suddenly want Ranieri? Sure he's a nice guy, but he's seriously underachieved at Chelsea, even if he managed 4th spot last year, and he hasn't sent money THAT well this season.
He's a very good in-game manager, he has his players playing for him, and his record with youth speaks for itself. Who else would have thought to replace Maradona at Perugia with the young Gianfranco Zola? I reckon United would really benefit from Ranieri's calm nature, as Ferguson and Keane together barking at our players is something I don't like the sound of. One thing I'll say about Beckham is that he and Keane had a good-cop-bad-cop thing going, with Beckham encouraging and Keane rollicking. We don't see that anymore obviously.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He's a very good in-game manager, he has his players playing for him, and his record with youth speaks for itself. Who else would have thought to replace Maradona at Perugia with the young Gianfranco Zola? I reckon United would really benefit from Ranieri's calm nature, as Ferguson and Keane together barking at our players is something I don't like the sound of. One thing I'll say about Beckham is that he and Keane had a good-cop-bad-cop thing going, with Beckham encouraging and Keane rollicking. We don't see that anymore obviously.
I gta admit, I've been very impressed wioth the way Ranieri has handled everything recently. He has a cool and calm character. He does have his players' respect and support.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I gta admit, I've been very impressed wioth the way Ranieri has handled everything recently. He has a cool and calm character. He does have his players' respect and support.
The big cheeses at Chelsea on the other hand get no respect from me or from anyone else either. Eriksson hasn't helped the situation at all, he really isn't commited to being England manager. I'll receive Rob Green's call-up with a pinch of salt, it might just be a publicity stunt to respond to those who moan that he doesn't look at the lower leagues. Same for Alan Thompson
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, who would let zola go?

Man U and Ranieri, it'd be my dream combination, at least you won't catch up in a hurry
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
lol, who would let zola go?

Man U and Ranieri, it'd be my dream combination, at least you won't catch up in a hurry
Thing is, everyone was expecting a big name to replace Maradona, and Perugia had the money for it too. But Ranieri chose Zola, who would have less pressure and less of the stigma of replacing a great, and Zola has bloomed. This season Ranieri's early signings were youngsters, but as soon as he realised Abramovich wanted names, only Makelele and Crespo were left. He'd been put under pressure from the chairman with all the money when he much prefers to build a team over a bit of time.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thing is, everyone was expecting a big name to replace Maradona, and Perugia had the money for it too. But Ranieri chose Zola, who would have less pressure and less of the stigma of replacing a great, and Zola has bloomed. This season Ranieri's early signings were youngsters, but as soon as he realised Abramovich wanted names, only Makelele and Crespo were left. He'd been put under pressure from the chairman with all the money when he much prefers to build a team over a bit of time.
chelsea will be gagging for Forsell to come back to chelsea, he is probably better than any strikers in the chelsea squad at the mo. jim did well today nevertheless
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
chelsea will be gagging for Forsell to come back to chelsea, he is probably better than any strikers in the chelsea squad at the mo. jim did well today nevertheless
I think Crespo's the only consistent flop. Gudjohnsen is the best that you have there at the moment, Forsell is a quality finisher too. Hasselbaink has his good moments but otherwise indifferent. At least he has more moments than Mutu, who I think will improve in time.

But what a day for JFH eh!
soccercrazygal
Report 15 years ago
Match's onn.... oooooooo henry almsot scoredddddd .. plenty happening soo earlyy onn... oowowow0000000
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads