Report 15 years ago
yes very cute
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Sky have announced the games that they will be screening live up until December for the new season.

As expected, Everton v Arsenal, and Chelsea v Man Utd have been chosen. The Tottenham V Liverpool game has also been moved to 12.45pm.

Other fixtures are expected to be moved to earlier or later times throughout the season.

AUGUST
Sunday 15 Everton vs. Arsenal (k/o 2pm)
Chelsea vs. Man United (k/o 4.05pm)
Sunday 22 West Brom vs. Aston Villa (k/o 1 pm)
Arsenal vs. Middlesbrough (k/o 4.05 pm)
Tuesday 24 Crystal Palace vs. Chelsea (k/o 8 pm)
Wednesday 25 Newcastle vs. Norwich (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 29 Bolton vs. Liverpool (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 30 Portsmouth vs. Fulham (k/o 8 pm)

SEPTEMBER
Saturday 11 Portsmouth vs. Crystal Palace (k/o 5.15 pm)
Sunday 12 Tottenham vs. Norwich (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 13 Charlton vs. Southampton (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 19 Southampton vs. Newcastle (k/o 2 pm)
Chelsea vs. Tottenham (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 20 Man United vs. Liverpool (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 26 Portsmouth vs. Everton (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 27 Charlton vs. Blackburn (k/o 8 pm)

OCTOBER
Sunday 3 Chelsea vs. Liverpool (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 4 Crystal Palace vs. Fulham (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 17 Charlton vs. Newcastle (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 18 Portsmouth vs. Tottenham (k/o 8 pm)
Saturday 23 Liverpool vs. Charlton (k/o 5.15 pm)
Sunday 24 Southampton vs. Birmingham (k/o 2 pm)
Man United vs. Arsenal (k/o 4.05 pm)
Sunday 31 Bolton vs. Newcastle (k/o 4.05 pm)

NOVEMBER
Monday 1 Man City vs. Norwich (k/o 8 pm)
Saturday 6 Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal (k/o 5.15 pm)
Sunday 7 Middlesbrough vs. Bolton (k/o 2 pm)
Man United vs. Man City (k/o 4.05 pm)
Saturday 13 Tottenham vs. Arsenal (k/o 12 noon)
Sunday 14 West Brom vs. Middlesbrough (k/o 2 pm)
Newcastle vs. Man United (k/o 4.05 pm)
Saturday 20 Portsmouth vs. Man City (k/o 5.15 pm)
Sunday 21 Blackburn vs. Birmingham (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 22 Aston Villa vs. Tottenham (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 28 Newcastle vs. Everton (k/o 2 pm)
Liverpool vs. Arsenal (k/o 4.05 pm)

DECEMBER
Saturday 4 Blackburn vs. Tottenham (k/o 5.15 pm)
Sunday 5 Crystal Palace vs. Charlton (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 6 Middlesbrough vs. Man City (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 12 Aston Villa vs. Birmingham (k/o 1 pm)
Arsenal vs. Chelsea (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 13 Fulham vs. Man United (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 19 Portsmouth vs. Arsenal (k/o 4.05 pm)
Monday 20 Charlton vs. Fulham (k/o 8 pm)
Sunday 26 Birmingham City vs. Middlesbrough (k/o 3.30 pm)
West Brom vs. Liverpool (k/o 6 pm)
Tuesday 28 Liverpool vs. Southampton (k/o 4.30 pm)
Aston Villa vs. Man United (k/o 8 pm)
Wednesday 29 Newcastle vs. Arsenal (k/o 8 pm)
Nice to see Sky showing it's usual high amount of Coca Cola Nationwide Building Society Endsligh Insurance Barclays Bank League Football :rolleyes:
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cyclone666)

:cool:

*Tries to stop drewling*

She might struggle a little against Serena, but for a 17 year old, I think she'll be genuine happy just to be there - she has a bright future, providing she allows her tennis to take absolute priority, and not the modelling work that she's lining up.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
*Tries to stop drewling*

She might struggle a little against Serena, but for a 17 year old, I think she'll be genuine happy just to be there - she has a bright future, providing she allows her tennis to take absolute priority, and not the modelling work that she's lining up.
Is that why Kournikova disappeared from tennis? I haven't seen her play in ages, and she was young to.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
Is that why Kournikova disappeared from tennis? I haven't seen her play in ages, and she was young to.
Modelling, add to that an tennis injury that she never really recovered from.

She knew she then focus on the modelling that she'd been so successful in, without playing tennis, so she stuck with what she knew she was good at.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Modelling, add to that an tennis injury that she never really recovered from.

She knew she then focus on the modelling that she'd been so successful in, without playing tennis, so she stuck with what she knew she was good at.
Yes, her main problem was actually getting the ball over the net when serving.
Furtive
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You want the best combat system in terms of protecting yourself? Muay Thai without a doubt for striking, Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu for groundwork and Jeet Kune-Do for movement. The perfect formula.
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Furtive)
You want the best combat system in terms of protecting yourself? Muay Thai without a doubt for striking, Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu for groundwork and Jeet Kune-Do for movement. The perfect formula.
i AGREE.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
People get to see us (the mighty Villa) ravaging the Spuds.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
No, you can't.
Upon further consideration, that makes no sense. That list does not contain the Prem Plus fixtures. I'm sure you shall all be glad to know that the first match Sky are showing is Spurs vs. Liverpool at 12:45, Sat 14 on Prem Plus.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just read in the paper...Kezman bought for £7M.

G
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
LOL

the equivalent of saying that the best sport is the full english breakfast...

Sounds like my sort of martial art - all the others sound a bit physical for me.

MB
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
Sounds like my sort of martial art - all the others sound a bit physical for me.

MB
you know, it is how many items in an english breakfast, is it 14?
Furtive
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
People need to realise that the best way to 'protect' yourself is to have experience in a fight situation. The traditional combat systems such as Karate, Tae Kwon-do, Kung Fu, Ninjitsu... the list goes on, fail to incorporate what they call 'alive' sparring. Though they were effective many years ago when the teachings were pure, the quality has dramatically decreased over time. I'm somewhat biased towards these old arts as they claim to be effective but they really aren't.

A six month experience talented boxer vs A six month experience talented Karate practitioner would be an absolute walk over. The training in boxing is MUCH heavier, you get hit hard and you're expected to hit back harder. It's this type of training that conditions your body and your mind to be able to react properly almost second nature in a fight situation.

Alive sparring is basically full contact and as close as you're going to get to a real situation. The idea of this also benefits a lot of other areas:

1)Your technique
2)Your body's ability to channel adrenaline (so you don't have a rush, hyperventilation and feeling somewhat light in a fight = bad)
3)Body conditioning
4)Different techniques from different opponents will prepare you for the unexpected, which is often what happens in a fight situation.

The best advice I can give anyone if they feel apprehensive about going out on the town and fearing some aggressive drunkard is, use your head. Not to headbutt him(or her?! ) but to analyse the situation. The pen is mightier than the sword, avoiding fights and thus avoiding injury is the way to go.
Funky Chic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ferrari is just the best team although the other are beginning to shine out with the like of Trulli and Jenson Button.

Just hope that Jenson Button gets a chance at coming first as he's been second a couple of times.

Love that jump Michael Scumacher does when he wins
misty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Like someone before said- Greece are so well organised and hard working. Yeah theyre tactics are different, man to man marking etc... but the point is theyre great at it, they never give up and as well as doing that- they turn it around and score. I think its a fantastic achievement, nobody gives them enough credit. Reaching the final of euro 2004, whatever you say, is not down to luck.
All that said, I'm not sure if they will win as they are missing an important player. But I really hope they do- if nothing, to prove some people wrong.

:cool:
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What's the most entertaining football match that you've ever seen?

Here's mine:

Monday April 1st 2002

Southport 2-3 Boston Utd

With Dagenham & Redbridge winning their early kick-off match against Morecambe, the Pilgrims knew they had to avoid defeat at Southport to maintain their advantage at the top of the Conference. It was typical bank holiday weather; cold, wet and windy and Southport soon took advantage of the wind blowing towards the Boston goal and began to dominate. After a Boston attack broke down, Simon Parke had a clear run at goal but shot just wide, then on ten minutes Southport took the lead. In the blustery conditions, a cross from the right by Chris Lane deceived Paul Bastock and swirled into the goal at the back post. Bastock had to make a great save to deny Parke just before half-time. In the second half, with the wind now at their backs, Boston were beginning to create chances. But it was Southport who increased their lead after 65 minutes. In a rare period of sustained Southport pressure, Boston were having trouble clearing the ball from a corner and when the ball fell into the path of Parke, he had no trouble in driving the ball home.

With twenty minutes left, Boston finally got on the scoresheet. Mark Clifford broke down the right wing and sent in an inch perfect cross onto the head of Daryl Clare who diverted the ball beyond the reach of keeper Steve Dickinson into the corner of the net. In their search for an equalizer, Boston first brought on Jamie Cook for James Gould to increase the attacking options, then Peter Costello to replace a tiring Gez Murphy. Going into injury time Clare struck a dramatic equaliser, firing home after latching on to a through ball from Cook, but the match was far from over. The Pilgrims had time for one more attack on the Southport goal and in the dying seconds won a corner. Mark Angel fired a great inswinger into the heart of the area and Shaun Teale mistimed his header to send the ball looping over his own keeper and give Boston the winner in a match that just a few minutes earlier had looked totally lost.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My Mum is a black belt in Judo and I did it for a few years when I was very young.

I think it's a martial art that is useful more in that it would minimise shock in a situation where you were knocked off your feet/slammed down etc than as a way to 'kick ass' in a fight. *shrugs*
Furtive
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
My Mum is a black belt in Judo and I did it for a few years when I was very young.

I think it's a martial art that is useful more in that it would minimise shock in a situation where you were knocked off your feet/slammed down etc than as a way to 'kick ass' in a fight. *shrugs*
You're correct, Judo is not unsimilar to Jiu-Jitsu. Different places of origin as far as I know, but the same philosophy in that:

1) Using your opponents force to your advantage
2) Series of Throws/Takedowns/Locks
3) Ground-art

Judo-ka is extremely effective when taught in an MMA environment, again full-contact. Judo and Jiu-Jitsu fighters in real life can take a tremendous beating, because they're taught to look at the bigger picture. I've seen Royce Gracie (a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner) finish a fight with his face absolutely destroyed and the opponent being unscathed. Who won? Gracie, Ground-art practitioners take a beating but it's usually for a reason, to get the opponent to think they're winning and get generally cocky and aggressive. That's when the takedown and armbars/heel hooks etc are slapped on.
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have owned a season ticket at Newcastle for 4 years now but the best games I have seen have been the ones on telly (still involving Newcastle )

First favourite match: Was on 18th december 2001 between Newcastle and Arsenal at Highbury. Newcastle could go top of the premiership with a win, but they hadn't won in London in 29 games.
Newcastle were losing at half time but they got a goal early on in the second half. Then with about 5 minutes to spare Shearer scored a penalty to make it 2-1, then Laurent Robert made it 3-1 in the last minute. Also, there was a sending off for each team. And Thierry Henry went mental and got a ban.

More about the match here: http://www.nufc.com/html/2001-12-18arsenal-a.html
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads

Latest