Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Serena did make quite a few errors, especially in the 1st set, though she wasn't playing badly, just that Sharapova was incredible, best i have ever seen her, making very few mistakes, and hitting lots of amazing winners, she just outplayed Serena completly.
Make way for the russian revolution then!
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
That and Sharapova probably playing really well.
Yep - In all fairness, Serena should beat Sharapova with her eyes closed, really.

I actually don't rate Sharapova too highly - Compared to the likes of Hingis and Graf anyway.

She is good, for 17, but Serena should beat her very comfortabley.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Make way for the russian revolution then!
Venus Williams should be worried right now.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
Yep - In all fairness, Serena should beat Sharapova with her eyes closed, really.

I actually don't rate Sharapova too highly - Compared to the likes of Hingis and Graf anyway.

She is good, for 17, but Serena should beat her very comfortabley.
You clearly did not watch the match!! As Sharapova was incredible. Her shot placements and court intelligence was amazing. I believe she is going to become a huge star.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You clearly did not watch the match!!

As Sharapova was incredible. Her shot placements and court intelligence was amazing.
Serena must have played terrible for her standards - Come on, losing 6-1 6-4 to Sharapova.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Serena must have played terrible for her standards - Come on, losing 6-1 6-4 to Sharapova.
No she didn't play poorly. Sharapova was just incredible. And if you did watch the match, you would now rate Sharapova very highly. She gave one of the best female tennis performances i have ever seen. And i don't think you can comment, not having watched the match.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Upon further consideration, that makes no sense. That list does not contain the Prem Plus fixtures. I'm sure you shall all be glad to know that the first match Sky are showing is Spurs vs. Liverpool at 12:45, Sat 14 on Prem Plus.
Yeah, I forgot that the Premiership Plus matches are now kicking off at around 12 noon on Saturdays, as well as games kicking off at 5.15 pm on Saturdays.

I know Spurs v Liverpool is kicking off at 12.45 and will be on Premiership Plus, but as I said, each teams' websites will have all of their updated fixture lists.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Upon further consideration, that makes no sense. That list does not contain the Prem Plus fixtures. I'm sure you shall all be glad to know that the first match Sky are showing is Spurs vs. Liverpool at 12:45, Sat 14 on Prem Plus.
Prem PLus should be FREE!! :mad:
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No Ali here ?? ... in his prime he could have knocked out lenoxx lewis and tyson i think ...

well mayb not tyson ... ali could take a punch but as hard as tysons ? ... then again he did beat foreman ...

hmmmm .. confusing ..... i still think hes the best though
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Serena didn't play terrible, her ground strokes were still as powerful we'd expect from her, and she still had times to make the most unlikely shots.

It's just that Maria wanted it more, forced her opponent to make an extra shot all the time, and when it came to the chase, Maria found some excellent play, under pressure.

First set was fantastic, second set ninth game was incredible for both players, and of great importance, and Sharapova held her nerve.

Never before have I seen such a level of composure, concentration, and execution from a player of such young age, and relative inexperience.

We'll see far more from her in the years to come I'm sure. The tennis world will be taking notice of her if they weren't before.

Look back on the similar threads, and you'll see that even for a 16 year old last year she was being tipped.

Well done to the lass.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you think she can emulate Hingis, who was the real deal at 15 and won Wimbledon at 16?
John Paul Jones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'd let her bend over for my balls anyday
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by John Paul Jones)
i'd let her bend over for my balls anyday
She doesn't have 20/20 vision you know.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you think she can emulate Hingis, who was the real deal at 15 and won Wimbledon at 16?
I believe she will!!
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I believe she will!!
How old is Myskina? She was very good at the French Open in my opinion.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
She was the best player out there.

Yes, I know there were only two, but Williams was the defending champion.

And Sharapova outplayed her, producing quite a few winners, though Williams did make a lot of unforced errors.

Sharapova was nervous on big points but come through it, and deserved the victory.
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
I can't blame you really. Unless you really enjoy cycling, watching it on TV must be deadly
The tour de france is starting this saturday so it might get a little more coverage on TV
i cycle 5 kms a day .. jus for the excercise ... i still get bored stiff watching grown men wearing tight shirts and cycling for 20 or 30 miles an hour ...
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
David Millar, Britain's top cyclist, has admitted taking EPO in the past. Another gold at Athens out of the window

Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ng/3859679.stm
That truly sucks. He seemed like a great successor for Chris Boardman...
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What would you say was the best stadium you have visited? I haven't been to many but the Millennium Stadium was damn impressive
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How old is Myskina? She was very good at the French Open in my opinion.
23, nearly 24
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads