Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't like Kournikova. She seems quite full of herself but she's not even that good, not as good as Sharapova anyway plus Sharapova is much more natural, as a person that is. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    st james park (newcastles one), old trafford and the Valley!

ReputationRep:
    have they released div1 matches? i mean 'the championship' matches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    i've only been to Wembley (old) and Southend, so no real contest there....but i have to admit, wembley weren't that bad!
    serioulsy, southend was much better than i had anticipated
    really? i've been to roots hall (southend) too & it has wooden seats! in the areas it has seats anyway. i have been to dag&red, col u & braintree though so maybe not so bad. i guess i compare it to portman road so thats unfair.

wembley was great. i went twice & once for a tour - i wish the twin towers were still there. i hope they do the baths similar with the big england badge.

anfield is a great ground too, & highbury is v historic.

ReputationRep:
    Miles Kasiri is one match away from becoming the first British player in 42 years to win the boys' singles title.

The unseeded 18-year-old completed a rain-disrupted 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (7-3) win over American Scoville Jenkins.

Kasiri was leading by a set when play was abandoned on Friday, and won the second set on a tie-break when they resumed on Saturday.

He will face junior world number one Gael Monfils in the final as he bids to emulate Stanley Matthews' 1962 win.

Matthews was the son of footballing legend Sir Stanley Matthews.

The last Briton to reach the junior Wimbledon final was "Buster" Mottram in 1972 - who lost to eventual tennis legend Bjorn Borg.

The Kent teenager said he was not overwhelmed by the attention he was getting by reaching the boy's final - or by the questions over whether he is the next Tim Henman.

"It's not very overwhelming being in the final because I expected it when I came here," Kasiri told a busy main press interview room.

"If I can achieve as much as Tim Henman can that would be amazing. I'm not trying to be like him - I'm my own person.

"I'm not someone who has great volleys or a huge serve. I'm more of a baseliner - but I'm consistent."

Kasiri is in fine form having won the Junior Stella Artois tournament on the grass courts at Queens - but Monfils also has a superb record and has already won the Australian and French Open boy's titles.

"I lost to him in the first round of the US Open last year He's a very good player and an extremely good athlete," said Kasiri.

"I will try to stay with him and try to do everything I can well.

"But it's natural for me not to worry too much about my opponent," added Kasiri, who spent two years at the famous Nick Bollettieri Academy in Florida which has produced many stars - such as new women's champion Maria Sharapova.

Talking about the Russian, he said: "I knew her when I was about 14 and she was 13 or 12. We trained together a few times with her father - that was good.

"Even when she was 13, she used to beat everyone, even the older guys. And she worked extremely hard."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    st james park (newcastles one)
    Good on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    schumacher hasnt gt the pole
    ohh well he ll still win
    why do you want him to? it's so dull, let the others take over. hope jenson does ok. lord when i am going to pack tomorrow i don't know - there is so much sport on!

ReputationRep:
    Roots Hall is pretty average by League Two standards if you ask me. They are hoping to move to a new ground though, I believe.

As for Dag & Red .

ReputationRep:
    Neone who has seen Ali's fights with foreman and frazier... will have no doubt that he is one of the all time gr8s........ really hard to compare legends of different times......lewis is in a class of his own....... tyson will be making a comeback(again!)..... lets see how it goes....... whatever happened to hashim rehman (the guy who beat lewis and lost the rematch)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    I was on court 1 of Wimbeldon today the mixed doubles was fantastic, and so was the ladies doubles. Gr8 tennis, brilliant day out!
    whoa, you need to make your sig waaaaay smaller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    Roots Hall is pretty average by League Two standards if you ask me. They are hoping to move to a new ground though, I believe.

As for Dag & Red .
    don't confuse me with this league two stuff its div 3! its going to take ages for me to get used to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    Good on you!
    what does that mean? you know there are 2 st james parks?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    really? maybe i'm just underestimating div.3
    maybe it doesn't look so good from the stands, but looked pretty good on pitchside

ReputationRep:
    one of the best by far is The Sunderland Stadium of light- I may be a bit bias but all visiting fans I speak to say it's one of the best they've been to, certainly the best outside the premiership, probably second to old Trafford, better than St James because every seat is a good one unlike ata safc the 'gods' which aree so high up you can bearly see at newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safc26)
    one of the best by far is The Sunderland Stadium of light- I may be a bit bias but all visiting fans I speak to say it's one of the best they've been to, certainly the best outside the premiership, probably second to old Trafford, better than St James because every seat is a good one unlike ata safc the 'gods' which aree so high up you can bearly see at newcastle.
    You see quality at St James, shame about your...'football'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    whoa, you need to make your sig waaaaay smaller
    No not really, I'm saying within the sig limit so y can't I have a big sig if I want to

ReputationRep:
    More like the stadium of sh*te

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why newcastle complain you came 5th, but safc is better in everyway-

ReputationRep:
    i dont like it, too many of the newer stadiums have the same design as stadium of light

ReputationRep:
    they're all copies- our's was the first like it

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.