Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Asphyxiating
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't like Kournikova. She seems quite full of herself but she's not even that good, not as good as Sharapova anyway plus Sharapova is much more natural, as a person that is. :rolleyes:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
st james park (newcastles one), old trafford and the Valley!
amyitfc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have they released div1 matches? i mean 'the championship' matches?
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i've only been to Wembley (old) and Southend, so no real contest there....but i have to admit, wembley weren't that bad!
serioulsy, southend was much better than i had anticipated
really? i've been to roots hall (southend) too & it has wooden seats! in the areas it has seats anyway. i have been to dag&red, col u & braintree though so maybe not so bad. i guess i compare it to portman road so thats unfair.

wembley was great. i went twice & once for a tour - i wish the twin towers were still there. i hope they do the baths similar with the big england badge.

anfield is a great ground too, & highbury is v historic.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Miles Kasiri is one match away from becoming the first British player in 42 years to win the boys' singles title.

The unseeded 18-year-old completed a rain-disrupted 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (7-3) win over American Scoville Jenkins.

Kasiri was leading by a set when play was abandoned on Friday, and won the second set on a tie-break when they resumed on Saturday.

He will face junior world number one Gael Monfils in the final as he bids to emulate Stanley Matthews' 1962 win.

Matthews was the son of footballing legend Sir Stanley Matthews.

The last Briton to reach the junior Wimbledon final was "Buster" Mottram in 1972 - who lost to eventual tennis legend Bjorn Borg.

The Kent teenager said he was not overwhelmed by the attention he was getting by reaching the boy's final - or by the questions over whether he is the next Tim Henman.

"It's not very overwhelming being in the final because I expected it when I came here," Kasiri told a busy main press interview room.

"If I can achieve as much as Tim Henman can that would be amazing. I'm not trying to be like him - I'm my own person.

"I'm not someone who has great volleys or a huge serve. I'm more of a baseliner - but I'm consistent."

Kasiri is in fine form having won the Junior Stella Artois tournament on the grass courts at Queens - but Monfils also has a superb record and has already won the Australian and French Open boy's titles.

"I lost to him in the first round of the US Open last year He's a very good player and an extremely good athlete," said Kasiri.

"I will try to stay with him and try to do everything I can well.

"But it's natural for me not to worry too much about my opponent," added Kasiri, who spent two years at the famous Nick Bollettieri Academy in Florida which has produced many stars - such as new women's champion Maria Sharapova.

Talking about the Russian, he said: "I knew her when I was about 14 and she was 13 or 12. We trained together a few times with her father - that was good.

"Even when she was 13, she used to beat everyone, even the older guys. And she worked extremely hard."
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chats)
st james park (newcastles one)
Good on you!
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tammypotato)
schumacher hasnt gt the pole
ohh well he ll still win
why do you want him to? it's so dull, let the others take over. hope jenson does ok. lord when i am going to pack tomorrow i don't know - there is so much sport on!
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Roots Hall is pretty average by League Two standards if you ask me. They are hoping to move to a new ground though, I believe.

As for Dag & Red .
[_Z_]
Report 16 years ago
Neone who has seen Ali's fights with foreman and frazier... will have no doubt that he is one of the all time gr8s........ really hard to compare legends of different times......lewis is in a class of his own....... tyson will be making a comeback(again!)..... lets see how it goes....... whatever happened to hashim rehman (the guy who beat lewis and lost the rematch)?
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I was on court 1 of Wimbeldon today the mixed doubles was fantastic, and so was the ladies doubles. Gr8 tennis, brilliant day out!
whoa, you need to make your sig waaaaay smaller
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
Roots Hall is pretty average by League Two standards if you ask me. They are hoping to move to a new ground though, I believe.

As for Dag & Red .
don't confuse me with this league two stuff its div 3! its going to take ages for me to get used to this.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Good on you!
what does that mean? you know there are 2 st james parks?? :rolleyes:
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
really? maybe i'm just underestimating div.3
maybe it doesn't look so good from the stands, but looked pretty good on pitchside
safc26
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
one of the best by far is The Sunderland Stadium of light- I may be a bit bias but all visiting fans I speak to say it's one of the best they've been to, certainly the best outside the premiership, probably second to old Trafford, better than St James because every seat is a good one unlike ata safc the 'gods' which aree so high up you can bearly see at newcastle.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by safc26)
one of the best by far is The Sunderland Stadium of light- I may be a bit bias but all visiting fans I speak to say it's one of the best they've been to, certainly the best outside the premiership, probably second to old Trafford, better than St James because every seat is a good one unlike ata safc the 'gods' which aree so high up you can bearly see at newcastle.
You see quality at St James, shame about your...'football'
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
whoa, you need to make your sig waaaaay smaller
No not really, I'm saying within the sig limit so y can't I have a big sig if I want to
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
More like the stadium of sh*te
safc26
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know why newcastle complain you came 5th, but safc is better in everyway-
chats
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont like it, too many of the newer stadiums have the same design as stadium of light
safc26
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they're all copies- our's was the first like it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (195)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.66%
I still don't know (100)
17.06%

Watched Threads