Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safc26)
    they're all copies- our's was the first like it
    southampton copied the bowl shape design but others had it before you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    Neone who has seen Ali's fights with foreman and frazier... will have no doubt that he is one of the all time gr8s........ really hard to compare legends of different times......lewis is in a class of his own....... tyson will be making a comeback(again!)..... lets see how it goes....... whatever happened to hashim rehman (the guy who beat lewis and lost the rematch)?
    Anybody who has seen the documentary (on TENSPORTS) about Legend "Muhammad Ali" will certainly have no doubt that he was the greatest of all boxers...... BTW, was he not given the "Player Of The Century" award, afterall.......... His reflexes, punches, and everything u name it, was perfect....

Just for everybody's information..............
    Before "Muhammad Ali" converted to Islam, his former name was "Casius Clay" ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyitfc)
    why do you want him to? it's so dull, let the others take over. hope jenson does ok. lord when i am going to pack tomorrow i don't know - there is so much sport on!
    obvisully i want him 2 win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    Neone who has seen Ali's fights with foreman and frazier... will have no doubt that he is one of the all time gr8s........ really hard to compare legends of different times......lewis is in a class of his own....... tyson will be making a comeback(again!)..... lets see how it goes....... whatever happened to hashim rehman (the guy who beat lewis and lost the rematch)?

Anybody who has seen the documentary (on TENSPORTS) about Legend "Muhammad Ali" will certainly have no doubt that he was the greatest of all boxers...... BTW, was he not given the "Player Of The Century" award, afterall.......... His reflexes, punches, and everything u name it, was perfect....

Just for everybody's information..............
    Before "Muhammad Ali" converted to Islam, his former name was "Casius Clay" ......

ReputationRep:
    yeh his 'slave' name was Cassius Clay then Islam freed him and he became Ali.
    he was good and sonny liston too.
    i like iron mike but he was a bit of a nutcase

ReputationRep:
    eg:...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    yeh his 'slave' name was Cassius Clay then Islam freed him and he became Ali.
    he was good and sonny liston too.
    i like iron mike but he was a bit of a nutcase
    did you see that article about him in the metro....he admitted to being a bum for the past 2 or 3 yrs

ReputationRep:
    Has to be the Millenium Stadium. Absoulutely fantastic ground, makes a great atmosphere and the views are outstanding. Very many happy memories from my day out there. Would post a pic but they are too large. Will try in morning when I have more of a brain :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safc26)
    eg:...?
    i'm not too sure but maybe pride park? it was built around the same time or before ''stadium of light''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Has to be the Millenium Stadium. Absoulutely fantastic ground, makes a great atmosphere and the views are outstanding. Very many happy memories from my day out there. Would post a pic but they are too large. Will try in morning when I have more of a brain :confused:
    cant wait till december 5th and last day of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    did you see that article about him in the metro....he admitted to being a bum for the past 2 or 3 yrs
    no i never saw it, but i heard about it.
    he has that stupid tattoo over his face now, why???? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    no i never saw it, but i heard about it.
    he has that stupid tattoo over his face now, why???? :confused: :confused:
    haven't actually seen that one...over his face?

ReputationRep:
    he deserves to be in prison for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    he deserves to be in prison for that!
    oh yeah, now i remember...just couldn't picture it....what an idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyitfc)
    have they released div1 matches? i mean 'the championship' matches?

Don't be so silly ! Sky have to deal with what they see as the priorities first, get the Premiers**t out the way first, then they'll pencil in the FA Cup Rds 1 & 2 dates (No Championship teams there either!), and then maybe we'll be able to get the Coca-Cola League teams involved in TV coverage.

ReputationRep:
    i think people have gta be honest - a fully fit serena williams wud have killed sharapova. shes just come back from a career threatening injury, and to even get to the final is an achievement. i tihnk a more likely result wen serena is playing good tennis again, will be more like the one when the 2 first met with serena winning. btw kournikova muchhh fitter than sharapova imo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hit_em_up)
    i think people have gta be honest - a fully fit serena williams wud have killed sharapova. shes just come back from a career threatening injury, and to even get to the final is an achievement. i tihnk a more likely result wen serena is playing good tennis again, will be more like the one when the 2 first met with serena winning. btw kournikova muchhh fitter than sharapova imo!
    Not 2 sure, she played some tennis before Wimbledon and played well enough to destroy Capriati.

But I agree, I'd expect Serena to easily beat Sharapova.
    As for Kournikova - Yep, way nicer.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree that Serena would normally beat Sharapova. She didn't play to the best of her abilities today, but I'm not saying she was a million miles off. Full credit to Sharapova though, I watched her in the quarters and she did look promising, but nearly every shot that she really went for missed by a foot or so. Today, however, she made far fewer mistakes, and consequently won the championship.

ReputationRep:
    White Hart Lane.

Or Park Lane as the Spurs stadium really is situated.

ReputationRep:
    Stade De Gerland

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.