Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    everytime tottenham are considered challengers for the league.

ReputationRep:
    Its interesting what people look for... Most of the stadiums mentioned are modern, and indeed excellent, but does character count for nothing? Villa Park for example, of the Dell in the old days.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but remember he is older than the current Ladies' Singles champion. If he was the answer, we'd have seen alot more of him by now. I'm not holding my breath yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    cant wait till december 5th and last day of the season
    Really? I am not coming back from uni for the Charlton games..I have never considered you rivals as have been brought up around much Brighton rivalry it has never really had an impact on me

Still want to beat you know, we will need all the points we can get Good luck for the season.

ReputationRep:
    The best games I have ever seen live for their results were Palace vs Sheff United Play Off Final 97, and Palace vs West Ham Play Off Final 04, as they are the biggest acheievements I have seen from my club!

Best for actual games..Palace vs Liverpool where we beat them 2-1 at Selhurst Park, only to be battered 5-0 on the 2nd leg in the League Cup :rolleyes: I think that was 2001.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Maybe, but remember he is older than the current Ladies' Singles champion. If he was the answer, we'd have seen alot more of him by now. I'm not holding my breath yet
    Women always come through earlier though, due to the fact that they develop quicker physically, in addition to (in the past) the less physical nature of the woman's game.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait..i thought of a another one....FA Cup..'97 i think...Chelsea liverpool match....chelsea blues trailing 2-0 at half time...3 goals in 13 mins at the start of the second half wins it for cheslea....final score..4-2....being a chelsea fan....BRILLIANCE!!!

Zola was immense!!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    god the punters are fickle arent they?

henman is 9th in the world, true he hasn't won a grand slam but he is consistant: http://www.henmagic.freeserve.co.uk/th-rankings.htm

since 1993 he has jumped from a world ranking of 400 odd to the top ten in the world.

he has a career that many would envy, and the second he doesn't achieve what the public expect of him they toss him away as out of date, old and crap.

a sad state of affairs that the same supporters that wish him good luck now stab him in the back. just hope britains up and coming get better treatment than he has

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell, what a start! shame about the rain though. stopped play.

ReputationRep:
    the funniest has to be when that *****y player from birdmingham trying to do that thing when you wrapped your foot round the other leg and kicked the ball. and he tripped over. the whole stadium was laughing...

ReputationRep:
    Damn, Schumacher wins again!
    I felt for sure he wouldn't be able to pull it off! :mad:

EDIT: Damn flukey Barichello!! Wat were you playing at Trulli!?! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I missed the start. How was each player playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    I missed the start. How was each player playing?
    it was one of the best starts to a final ever. roddick keep hitting out aces and got a break.

3-2 to roddick. and roddick to serve

ReputationRep:
    Good for Roddick- I hope he wins the first set. If Federer wins the first set then I would agree that he'd pull off a srtaight sets victory. But if he doesn't (which seems very possible considering the strength of Roddick's serve) then it's gonna be a very interesting match with an uncertain outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie55)
    Good for Roddick- I hope he wins the first set. If Federer wins the first set then I would agree that he'd pull off a srtaight sets victory. But if he doesn't (which seems very possible considering the strength of Roddick's serve) then it's gonna be a very interesting match with an uncertain outcome.
    well, roddick's just won the first set, mainly through his sheer agression- especially on his service games. just heard the commentator say that his second serve was 133 mph in that last rally, which is absolutely tremendous!! the question is, can roodcik keep this up for a minimum of three sets? i have a feeling federer will find a way back....

ReputationRep:
    Great match so far, finally looks like Federer's getting to grips with Roddick and is starting to produce his best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    the funniest has to be when that *****y player from birdmingham trying to do that thing when you wrapped your foot round the other leg and kicked the ball. and he tripped over. the whole stadium was laughing...
    You'd be referring to David Dunn then.

Mine has to be Frank Sinclair's attempted backpass that became a 30-yard own goal, bloody quality, curled it round Ian Walker along the floor, hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    As a Spurs supporter, Nayim's goal was a great football moment!

Fantasy Football have shown some really funny football moments too, from this tournament and other domestic matches.

ReputationRep:
    When the referee (I forget which) elbowed Savage in the face and floored him. Haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    When the referee (I forget which) elbowed Savage in the face and floored him. Haha!
    haha, yeah and got a red card from shearer.

the other funny moment was when one of the referees tried to backheel the ball but instead he stepped on it and tripped over.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.