Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    When the referee (I forget which) elbowed Savage in the face and floored him. Haha!
    Yeah that was good! And then shearer gave him a red card!

ReputationRep:
    And also when savage was walking out of the tunnel and fell over

ReputationRep:
    When Paolo Di Canio pushed Paul Alcock over. Hilarious. Good old Paolo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    And also when savage was walking out of the tunnel and fell over
    or savage trying toplay football, the guy's a joke in itself

ReputationRep:
    Roddick is playing incredibly (Despite all the unforced errors), he is hitting the ball so damn hard, with some stunning winners!!

Come on Andy

ReputationRep:
    Could Federer please start serving and volleying! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    exactly! and the frustrating thing is, you know he can do it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    The ball is coming back at him too hard.

ReputationRep:
    Great fun to watch do far. Very exciting with all those breaks of serve. The 3rd set looks like it is Roddick's but I guess the rain delay could change the momentum.
    My problem is that I can't watch it as I have work, ggrrr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    The ball is coming back at him too hard.
    Never used to stop Sampras. Federer can cope.

ReputationRep:
    Miles was extremely unlucky, losing 5-7 6-7 to the number one seed (and very arrogent number one seed) from France.

The match produced some quality tennis, with many a ground stroke rally, and a good display from the young Brit, who had 2 set points at 15-40 when 6-5 up on the Frenchman's serve.

The champion though produced consecutive aces of 121 and 136 mph, to bring it back to Deuce, and won through to take the tie break 8-6, setting him on the way for a grand slam of Junior titles, having already taken victories at the Australian, French and now Wimbledon events.

ReputationRep:
    shumi won

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    Gerland (Lyon).
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGG
    do u really mean that, i love u sooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Really? I am not coming back from uni for the Charlton games..I have never considered you rivals as have been brought up around much Brighton rivalry it has never really had an impact on me

Still want to beat you know, we will need all the points we can get Good luck for the season.
    palace are charlton rivals, biggest rivals and always will be, end of story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Its interesting what people look for... Most of the stadiums mentioned are modern, and indeed excellent, but does character count for nothing? Villa Park for example, of the Dell in the old days.
    yeh villa park is great and i like highbury for its old design aswell. old wembley was just beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    The Riverside Stadium. Officially the first stadium in Europe to be built to comply with the Taylor report, published after the Hillsborough disaster, completed in 1995.

Derby County, Southampton, and Sunderland all bought the designs off us, as it is a lot cheaper than commissioning designers to do the same thing. There was a problem with Southampton's though, I can't really remember, but I think it was something like they wanted to use a firm to build it that couldn't follow the designs for some reason, so they modified the design slightly.

Pride Park and the Stadium of Light are literally copies of The Riverside, St Mary's is based on it.

But........back to the original question......The Millennium Stadium by far, made better by the fact I saw us win in it
    yeh i knew sunderland had copied someone!

ReputationRep:
    when cantona beat up his own goalie,threw the ball at the ref, threw his shirt at the linesman, done the kungfu kick on the fan and then that stupid speech that noone understood, basically chattin *******s ''when the seagulls follow the trawler, its becuase they think sardines will be thrown into the sea''

other ones: franck sinclairs own goals, oliver barnard getting the ball licked in his head by robert and gettin knocked out, dabizas blastin the ball at the linesman vs charlton and the linesman passing out, david james when his groin collided with the goalpost, when keegan went mad on fergie ''I would LUV it if we beat u''
    theres too many i can go on for ever

ReputationRep:
    i can remember an incident when the goalie had run all the way to the touchline to clear a ball out of play. can't remember who it was (think it was dean holdsworth) taking the resulting throw, saw the goalie running back to goal, and threw the goal at his bum...it bounced back into his path, and he slotted home into an empty net

ReputationRep:
    This game's all about power and their powerful passing shots are dominating the game, rather than placement, which Federer has probably used more, when he's got Roddick running around the court.

Both players have got better as the game has gone on though, and they've strated to vary the shots they are using.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    yeh villa park is great and i like highbury for its old design aswell. old wembley was just beautiful
    what do you think of the design for the new highbury...i can't wait
    Ashburton Grove

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.