siliviax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
Good luck Portugal! We re both winners anyways
Yeah, Good luck Greece...

Both Portugal and Greece have fought against the odds and didn't expect to get so far, so being runners up is still an achievement to both countries, and so we are both winners

Should be a good game.
siliviax
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
shes hot
AM1
Report 16 years ago
Many people have conveniently forgotten that she missed 8 MONTHS of this season, with a career-threatening knee injury!

Furthermore, her sister was actually MURDERED in cold-blood in recent months!

Thus, Serena actually did tremendously to reach the final!.

Congratulations to Sharapova - she played well, but, Serena Williams is still the person to beat.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chats)
cry baby
It's sweet!
Good match, and in the overall championship, the best player won. Roddick played well though, and worked hard, and was only a few points away from it being good for him. Frederer came back well from the rain break, but if Roddick had won one of thsoe 4 break points in the 4th sets, it could have been different. I wanted a 5th set though. It would have been fitting.
I've warmed to Roddick especially these championships. His desire, his personality and humour (as well as play), which showed in the post-match interview. The quote of the championships has got to be
"I threw the kitchen sink at him, but he threw the bath tub (or something like that)"
Roddick was a good loser, but his face at the end said it all. Something like this .
Frederer upped his game when needed, and at important points, took his chances, and some of his shots were brilliant.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it would of been good if roddick won on us independance day, he will never get the chance again
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
roddick will be 10x better than federer in a few years. federer can improve no further, roddick has much left.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Federer: the best
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my guess is ... 5 sets .... federer will win in the end ....
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
beckham saying ... " the ground was moving " after the penalty kick against portugal

heheh .... dont mind me ... im jus an ardent beckham hater
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and ronaldinhos free kick against england in the world cup .... bloody hell .. didnt know how seaman missed it ... i dont think ronaldinho even wanted the ball to end up in the net when he kiked it
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chats)
it would of been good if roddick won on us independance day, he will never get the chance again
Oh yes he can! He needs to improve on his volleying, and increase his 1st serve percentage. He can beat Frederer, and Frederer was lucky at some points today.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When a ref slipped over the ball or something.
Taibi missing the ball as it somehow passed under his body.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Oh dear, i remember that, damn Taibi. Mat le Tissier i think it was with the shot.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
When a ref slipped over the ball or something.
lol oh yeh he tried to backheel it and he fell!

le tissier turnt around caus his shot was so crap, when he looked back it had gone through taibi!
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by AM1)
Many people have conveniently forgotten that she missed 8 MONTHS of this season, with a career-threatening knee injury!

Furthermore, her sister was actually MURDERED in cold-blood in recent months!

Thus, Serena actually did tremendously to reach the final!.

Congratulations to Sharapova - she played well, but, Serena Williams is still the person to beat.
isn't that what everyone was saying anyway, i.e. serena would have won if she had been at her best...
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i hope portugal wins ... they will ... dont think greece can pull off 3 shocks ... as if qualifying for the quarters isnt surprise enuf
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i can remember an incident when the goalie had run all the way to the touchline to clear a ball out of play. can't remember who it was (think it was dean holdsworth) taking the resulting throw, saw the goalie running back to goal, and threw the goal at his bum...it bounced back into his path, and he slotted home into an empty net
Dean Saunders.
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chats)
LMAO are you serious??????
have you ever been to the crystal palass forums?
you make me laugh
Deadly Serious. Unlike most I'm one of those "real fans" who know the history of the club
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Dean Saunders.
oh yeah, thanks....why did i forget that :confused:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
match is about to kick off, enjoy
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (15)
22.39%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (15)
22.39%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (37)
55.22%

Watched Threads