Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Yea that s true. We re not like Brasil, so, it s something very unique.

First and foremost it s the best moment to upgrade our football and kick out of the stadiums all the hooligans (like England did and now they have the best league in the world), build new stadiums (like the new Olympiacos stadium), improve the football academies etc.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
Yea that s true. We re not like Brasil, so, it s something very unique.

First and foremost it s the best moment to upgrade our football and kick out of the stadiums all the hooligans (like England did and now they have the best league in the world), build new stadiums (like the new Olympiacos stadium), improve the football academies etc.
yeh if the greek football association work very hard in the next few years maybe the greek league will become one of the top leagues within the next 10 years.
qwertybob
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
and yet he manages to pass the drug tests that he would have automatically had to take after his stage wins in the tour (and many other random tests throughout) proving once again that testing simply does not work. As long as testing is so ineffective people will cheat, and then others will cheat just to keep up, meaning it isnt possible to compete at the top level without performance enhancing substances.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Greece definately deserved it - they played as a team and, like Porto in the CL, that won it for them.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i wish i had put a bet on it
it was reported on the guardian website that some guy (from woking) won £332,000 from greece winning lol
[_Z_]
Report 15 years ago
congrats to Greece..... (was supporting portugal).... but the better team won.......congrats to all greece supporters.....
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [_Z_])
congrats to Greece..... (was supporting portugal).... but the better team won.......congrats to all greece supporters.....
how rude! :eek:
Thanx!
siliviax
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What do you all think of him?

I think he is a fantastic player but he didn't acctually reveal his full potential in the euro 2004 until the Holland match.

He said that he will not play a day after 32 years of age and since that day is this year it seems he will be retiring this year

So, your oppinions?

Edit: Did you see when he hit the post in the Holland game, the build up to that shot was amazing
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oxford United 1-0 Swindon. FA Cup 2nd Round, live on BBC1 2002/2003 season.

Arsenal 2-0 Oxford United. FA Cup 3rd Round, 2002/2003 season.

Charlton 0-0 Oxford United (after extra time, Oxford win 6-5 on penalties). League Cup 2nd Round.

ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For all his reputation, I've never been that impressed. He's touted as one of the players who are capable of turning a match on it's head just becasue of his performance, but I've never seen any evidence of that. Overrated.
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He's way too slow for top flight football now. He'd get roasted every time by a half decent striker.
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A big donkey called Kevin Francis playing for us (Oxford United) falling over a sponsor board right in front of the away fans at our old Manor ground.

That and beating Swindon 1-0 on national TV.
portugal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Figo is past his day, back in Euro 2000 and when he was at Barcelona, that is when he truly was the best player in the world. Look at his goal against England in the Euro 2000!

Nowadays he is slow and getting old, he can still pull a good trick but only if it doesnt involve running too much..Deco is much better
DavidBrent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Without a doubt:

1 September 2001:

GERMANY 1 - 5 ENGLAND

with Micheal Owen scoring a hat trick. SHEER BRILLIANCE.

Also:
Euro 96:
ENGLAND 4 -1 HOLLAND
portugal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what about Real Madrid vs Barcelona, or Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid?

As for the stadiums, any of you been to the Estadio da Luz (the stadium where the final ofthe Euro was held) or the Estadio de Alvalade (The Sporting CP stadium where semi final of portugal was held)..those two are beautiful, both really new (built last year) and very very luxurious inside, even the seats are the most confortable ones ive been on at any stadium!

I've been told however that the Estadio do Dragao (where Greece played Czech Rep) and the Estadio de Braga (it was built in the middle of a valley so its surrounded by rocks..really beautiful) are even better though.
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
At least Figo did not dive 5 times in the final, like Deco did.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by portugal)
what about Real Madrid vs Barcelona
That's a strange on because it's not a local rivalry, it's a historic one. I believe Real were Franco's team, and so Barca were seen as the people's team. Oh, and isn't there a huge Cairo derby in Egypt, Zamalek vs Al Ahly or something?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He's now past it.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's good for France - he was awful in and leading up to Euro 2004.
tammypotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
It's good for France - he was awful in and leading up to Euro 2004.
actually yeah its his fault we only had a draw against croatia
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads