Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, Greece did deserve it, they were the only team that had a solid organised plan. The other teams should have been aware of their ability (espicially France who thought the game was going to be a doddle). As they revealed their strength against England in the qualifiers of the World Cup.

France - believed their own hype, thought that they were invincible
Italy - needs to seriously think if they can continue playing defensively. (Maldini was the heart of the team) and get rid of some of the under performing old players (not mentioning any names...)
England - need luck. Sven should drop a player if he is not on form despite his status (ahem..Beckham)
Spain - the same as England. Raul needs to be shown that his position is under threat so he can work for it
Germany - Nothing much to do really. They have got one or two youngsters coming up through the ranks. They always have luck (come off it, could you get an easier run in the World Cup 2002??)
teamvillage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
Chelsea's next big purchase will be a central defensive partner for Terry.

Any guesses as to who?
That dellas bloke from Roma, or Mellberg from the Villa
Prologue
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he didn't fail a dugs test but they found EPO stuff in his house.

armstrong is always saying hes never failed a test but probably everyone in cycling is on drugs if millar is. the average speed of le tour de france is supposed to have increased like 2mph in 15 years or something which is too much improvement which points to evry1 being on drugs.

millar would have probably got bronze as well.

le tour de france is the best sporting event there is i think for physical demands and the drama is the highest i think.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer." - David Acfield

"I'm not a believer in luck..... but I do believe you need it." - Alan Ball

"And with 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0." - Ian Darke

"What will you do when you leave football, Jack? Will you stay in football?" - Stuart Hall

''It's now 1-1, an exact reversal of the score on Saturday." - Radio 5

"It's headed away by John Clark, using his head." - Derek Rae

"If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again." - terry venables
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ive been to 4 British grand prixs but due to cash problems havent been for 2 years, cant wait to hear an F1 car again! Anyone else going?
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't know. I was contemplating it, but i can't be bothered to come back from town gone 8pm. How much beforehand do you intend to turn up and where do you think the place to watch will be?
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I cant watch normal cycling but watch the tour de france every year, for some reason I get hooked. Just lay on the sofa watching it for hours..
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't know. I was contemplating it, but i can't be bothered to come back from town gone 8pm. How much beforehand do you intend to turn up and where do you think the place to watch will be?
Ive only just decided to go now, txting mates now to see if they wanna go too. If no1 else goes I wont

If I go ill probably turn up about 5:30pm, if you want a really good spot you need to get there EARLY and I dont have a clue where you can watch them??
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They don't only go down regent street; there are other roads the cars go down. I was thinking of John Lewis on the top floor. I don't know - i'll have to see how many people there are. Could always climb a lampost
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
They don't only go down regent street; there are other roads the cars go down. I was thinking of John Lewis on the top floor. I don't know - i'll have to see how many people there are. Could always climb a lampost
I have no idea where the best places to watch them are, you obviously know your stuff, how big is regent street etc?

This is the only info I have:

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?&...al&PO_ID=30555
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not sure about the exact distance of the stretch of regent street they'lll be driving down. Even if you can't see them, you're still going to be able to hear them, and even if they drive at 30mph it's still going to be veyr loud.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I'm not sure about the exact distance of the stretch of regent street they'lll be driving down. Even if you can't see them, you're still going to be able to hear them, and even if they drive at 30mph it's still going to be veyr loud.
30mph wont be that loud, they sound best at 200mph! I wanna see them too though :confused:

Where shall I stand, direct me, quick!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When they're standing still they're very loud, unfortunately i don't think we'll see them doing speeds in 3 figures. I don't really know the route and it all depends on the turnout and where the people are standing; so it's too difficult to predict.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
When they're standing still they're very loud, unfortunately i don't think we'll see them doing speeds in 3 figures. I don't really know the route and it all depends on the turnout and where the people are standing; so it's too difficult to predict.
Ahh well, Ill just have to guess! I dont think too many people will turn up to be honest..

Err, how do I get to regent street? I take there is a regent street tube station yes?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There's directions on that link you supplied. Nearest station is Oxford street on the Victoria line i believe. If not, they'll be showing it live on ITV tomorrow i believe.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
There's directions on that link you supplied. Nearest station is Oxford street on the Victoria line i believe. If not, they'll be showing it live on ITV tomorrow i believe.
Im not paying £15 to see it live on itv

how do I get to regents street from oxford street? Is it a hefty walk or just a short one?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I doubt it'll be difficult to find, just follow a huge crowd of people. I believe oxford street merges into regent street; it's one long straight road.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I doubt it'll be difficult to find, just follow a huge crowd of people. I believe oxford street merges into regent street; it's one long straight road.
Excellent, are you defo going then?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not sure, depends on what i feel like tomorrow. I may go in for a look around earlier and see what happens later on.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you ever seen F1 cars in the flesh?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.18%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.11%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.85%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.76%
There's nothing they could do (50)
28.09%

Watched Threads