The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
alio
i know this is a terrible time for 100m but im into athletics and want to be a good runner. ive been a member of an athletics club for about 4 years although ive never put much effort into training. im 18 so have i no chance of improving? im really jelous of all the talanted runners at the club lol

It is possible to improve your time, but i doubt you'll get it that much faster. If you're not built for speed as it is now....nothing much is going to change. The only way you could take some time off the 15 secs is by maybe toning up and getting some muscle on your legs, and also changes to the technique.

G
Reply 1541
I've decided. I'm going.
Reply 1542
gzftan
It is possible to improve your time, but i doubt you'll get it that much faster. If you're not built for speed as it is now....nothing much is going to change. The only way you could take some time off the 15 secs is by maybe toning up and getting some muscle on your legs, and also changes to the technique.

G

thanks, the thing is ppl seem to think im fast lol just coz i used to be the fastest at high school etc but compared to ppl who i train wiv im useless. the fastest are really thin which i dont understand coz i thought speed required muscle :confused:
Reply 1543
alio
thanks, the thing is ppl seem to think im fast lol just coz i used to be the fastest at high school etc but compared to ppl who i train wiv im useless. the fastest are really thin which i dont understand coz i thought speed required muscle :confused:

Ok..well...general speed is thin cos then they are 'nippy' is the word an can move fast. As you get older however, to get even faster...like top athletes...you need long legs with muscle, partly for acceleration.....and also to increase top speeds.

G
alio

i know this is off topic, but do you happen to know the times that the 1500m runners normally get? cheers :smile:
Reply 1545
Fluffstar
i know this is off topic, but do you happen to know the times that the 1500m runners normally get? cheers :smile:

usually around 5 minutes but not sure about proffesional
Reply 1546
Fluffstar

I think its around 4 mins?? I remeber watching paula radcliffe on the telly and thinking....jeez...she runs one lap of the 1500m faster than i do on just 400m :tongue:

G
gzftan
I think its around 4 mins?? I remeber watching paula radcliffe on the telly and thinking....jeez...she runs one lap of the 1500m faster than i do on just 400m :tongue:

G

smeg. long way to go then... :smile:
just for the record (no pun intended) 15 secs for 100m sounds brill to me :biggrin:
Reply 1548
Fluffstar
smeg. long way to go then... :smile:
just for the record (no pun intended) 15 secs for 100m sounds brill to me :biggrin:

That was my time about 6 years ago..since then..i haven't got any taller..and have grown more outwards....so i'm probably slower now!

G
Reply 1549
forest fans singing 5-1 down and still in europe while loosing to bayern munich in the eufa cup.

brian clough punching out an idiot that ran onto the pitch at forest, and then demanding an apology from the guy who ran onto the pitch.
Reply 1550
I've just come back from Regents Street/Oxford Street and it's madder than a box of frogs! I did see Couthie though (boy is his head square!).

If you're going to go, I would go now!
Reply 1551
My bro and his mate are going I think. His mate was joking about the F1 cars having to pay the congestion charge and getting speeding fines, on second thoughts do you reckon they will?
Reply 1552
Fluffy
I've just come back from Regents Street/Oxford Street and it's madder than a box of frogs! I did see Couthie though (boy is his head square!).

Is Jenson Button there? I might have to try and get my bro and his mate to take me with them if he is.

We like Jenson Button :wink:
Reply 1553
me!

Is Jenson Button there? I might have to try and get my bro and his mate to take me with them if he is.

We like Jenson Button :wink:

Yup - he is.

Fx
This is gay, none of my mates want to go, and my dad cant go :frown: Im debating whether or not I should go on my own :eek:
Fluffy

Im surprised its not totally packed already, theres still enough room to see the cars for later though surely?
Reply 1556
thenarbisbanned
This is gay, none of my mates want to go, and my dad cant go :frown: Im debating whether or not I should go on my own :eek:

Go on, do it. I may try going to Lower regent street because there's a hll there and you'll be able to see the cars going up towards piccadily. I think i'll just turn up about an hour beforehand, and scope out a good vantage point someone along the route.
G4ry
Go on, do it. I may try going to Lower regent street because there's a hll there and you'll be able to see the cars going up towards piccadily. I think i'll just turn up about an hour beforehand, and scope out a good vantage point someone along the route.

£15 train ticket is impairing my decision make abilities too :frown:
Reply 1558
It's cheaper than a GP ticket.
Reply 1559
a better route map:

Latest