Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's cheaper than a GP ticket.
    First grand prix I went too the ticket did actually only cost £15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    First grand prix I went too the ticket did actually only cost £15
    You'll be lucky to be able to pay that much now for an F1 race. Even qualifying is about 10 times that price at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You'll be lucky to be able to pay that much now for an F1 race. Even qualifying is about 10 times that price at least.
    I know, it was a childs ticket Now I have to pay the full £100+

ReputationRep:
    My, that was a good idea to put a GP on when there was Wimbledon AND the Euro 2004 final. I was so sure that they would've put the mid-season break there that I only realised that M.Sch won on Monday afternoon. Mind you, I'd slept through the entire weekend anyway so I found out all the other winners at pretty much the same time of day :rolleyes:

I vaguely recall saying that the previous GP was the best I'd seen in a couple of years, but I can hardly remember a thing about it right now. It must have been absolutely gripping, from James Allen's "IT'S GO!!!" to when I woke up .

ReputationRep:
    Is it really him in the "Collina says you're off...to Comet" ad? I mean they could only get David Seaman last time. Surely he doesn't need the money?

ReputationRep:
    Mr Narb man go! You'll only regret it if you don't! Go on move! Lol sorry

ReputationRep:
    Anyone play this game? (on msn) or even on the nike site..? abit bored atm, if there are enough people who play it we could have a tournament :rolleyes: i think 8 people at least

atm:

TheWolf
    Mc_Watson87
    Dr. blaze
    Zapsta

ReputationRep:
    I really wanna go but refuse to go by myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    I really wanna go but refuse to go by myself!
    Go on go! Or drag the other narb from wherever he is and make him go with you!

Or you could get a large piece of cardboard and some paint and make someone to go with! Or maybe not, lol

Go, be brave! Make someone go with you or your brother/sister or someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

Go on go! Or drag the other narb from wherever he is and make him go with you!

Or you could get a large piece of cardboard and some paint and make someone to go with! Or maybe not, lol

Go, be brave! Make someone go with you or your brother/sister or someone

The other narb is currently walking in the hills of the Yorkshire dales...ill ask my brother as a last resort :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i know this is a terrible time for 100m but im into athletics and want to be a good runner. ive been a member of an athletics club for about 4 years although ive never put much effort into training. im 18 so have i no chance of improving? im really jelous of all the talanted runners at the club lol
    lol sounds like the situation I'm in! I'm 18, have the stunning time of 15 seconds for 100m, and have been training in an athletics club for 4 years Though thankfully I've never been much of sprinter, and I'm much better at 800 and 1500m so I don't really need to worry about it too much.

There is definately a chance of improving, ok, so you probably won't be world class but you can better yourself! Try to enjoy your running more, so it doesn't feel like you have to put an almighty effort in to train harder, and take up weights if you don't do them already, - not to build up your muscles, but to give you extra power, as more power=faster speed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    i know this is off topic, but do you happen to know the times that the 1500m runners normally get? cheers
    in my school it's around 5 mins for girls. not too sure how fast the boys can go though...

100m in 15 seconds isn't that good, no offense, but it's not to say you can't improve so if you really like running so much then carry on, i used to do 400, 800 and 1500m running, i was crap at 100m as you need to be quite stocky to be really good at it.

ReputationRep:
    15 seconds for 100m is pretty fast according to me!

(i run 800m in 5mins, oh yes! look at me go...whoooooooosh...!!!!)

(Original post by sparkler)
    (i run 800m in 5mins, oh yes! look at me go...whoooooooosh...!!!!)
    lol wow, well it's probably some kind of record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Anyone play this game? (on msn) or even on the nike site..? abit bored atm, if there are enough people who play it we could have a tournament :rolleyes:
    It's the best game ever. If you want to play, [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    lol wow, well it's probably some kind of record.
    i know! talk of the school i was! it was (let me see...) 6 or 7 years ago now, so i will probably have improved! 800m in 6 or 7 minutes, i reckon i could manage nowadays!! mehehe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    For a start he missed the penalty between Portugal and England, aiming for the goal would have been a good start:rolleyes:
    lol, did you see his face when that runner guy came on the pitch last night? He was not impressed....

If we are talking about figo then that penalty wasnt in the quarter final game against england cuz he didnt take one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    I hate Ronaldo. He's a cheating little git. He's a good enough player, but diving around like a pansy all the time is out of order.
    i totally agree. He doesn't half milk it when he falls over then smirks, grrr i hate that. Mind you, i did feel sorry for him when he started crying when their team lost because i could see that it meant a lot to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FalconIBer)
    If we are talking about figo then that penalty wasnt in the quarter final game against england cuz he didnt take one...
    Are you sure? I swear i thought it was him!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.