The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Ollie
Anywhere here?

who's hand is that? :p:D
Reply 1641
that was crap. i cant see a london GP with the same crowd control that happened tonight, it was abysmal.
Reply 1642
horrorboy
it depends, wots the average 100m time for girls age 18

er, I know the fastest ever was 10.8 by Merlene Ottey (fastest to date I think). *random fact*
Reply 1643
shushimeng
who's hand is that? :p:D

LOl, not mine, either of you in that? i'm literally outside hamleys
Reply 1644
No, i can't see myself on there. I was a bit further down than Hamleys. Just opposite the Levis shop which was next door to Hamleys. Did you get to the front row?
elpaw
that was crap. i cant see a london GP with the same crowd control that happened tonight, it was abysmal.

Was just a demo dude, silverstone crowd control is fine :smile:
Reply 1646
G4ry
No, i can't see myself on there. I was a bit further down than Hamleys. Just opposite the Levis shop which was next door to Hamleys. Did you get to the front row?

which side?
Reply 1647
The side facing Hamleys. But further down to your left.
Reply 1648
Ollie
LOl, not mine, either of you in that? i'm literally outside hamleys

i wasn't at where u were, i think from the pic i was futher down
owow GOD it was packed
hate so many ppl stand right next to me
ps. i hope that's not ur hand :p:D
Reply 1649
I reckon if they do actually do a grand prix, they will introduce grandstands.
theaman
I reckon if they do actually do a grand prix, they will introduce grandstands.

There wont be a london grand prix, I can almost guarantee :P
Reply 1651
thenarbisbanned
Was just a demo dude, silverstone crowd control is fine :smile:

i still cant see it happening with the crappy transport system. they had to shut down 3 stations due to overcrowding (klike they couyldnt predict that :rolleyes: )

i thought the racing was fine, i just cant see how london will be able to cope if there was a real GP here
alio
i know this is a terrible time for 100m but im into athletics and want to be a good runner. ive been a member of an athletics club for about 4 years although ive never put much effort into training. im 18 so have i no chance of improving? im really jelous of all the talanted runners at the club lol

Hmm, I would try your hand at something else if you want to go places. I'm not trying to put you off, but as you probably know, in the low 12s (and quite frequently sub-12 secs) is what a decent 100m runner should be looking at (age 16/17). Mark Lewis Francis was doing 10.3 at 17 years old!!! (:eek: )

15 secs isn't really rapid (to be brutally honest). Improving technique will be the obvious way to improve this time, but even this is fairly unlikely to trim more than a second off your time. Sprinting is a fairly instinctive thing - people who are good sprinters at age 13, very often go on to be good sprinters at 18. Improving your fitness won't have a massive effect on cutting your time down to true competition standard.

Oopps, are you a guy or a girl? :redface:
Reply 1653
thenarbisbanned
There wont be a london grand prix, I can almost guarantee :P

Well, they want F1 to gain more publicitty, and for viewers who stopped watching to regain interest, so this is one way of doing it.

If they can overcome the organisational problems, it could be a hit for the sport.
Reply 1654
leo00000000
C.Ronaldo has some potential but it's too early to say he is a super star. With the leaving of those "golden generation", portugal will face more problems in worldcup. I'm afraid euro2004 is the best and only chance for this country, but they were not able to win the trophy......

Yeah, that was the greatest chance for both England and Portugal to have a great chance to win an international tournement. I don't think a more promising oppurtunity like that will happen for a while now.

Ah well, would of been nice to see portugal winning!
Reply 1655
G4ry
The side facing Hamleys. But further down to your left.

Hows about here?

BTW. How cool was Brundle!
Reply 1656
theaman
Well, they want F1 to gain more publicitty, and for viewers who stopped watching to regain interest, so this is one way of doing it.

If they can overcome the organisational problems, it could be a hit for the sport.

i agree, it was entertaining watching those powerful cars going down streets that would normally be gridlocked, having to pay the c-charge, being flashed a few times by the speed cameras and the safety car getting a parking fine.
Ollie
Hows about here?

Brundle is a legend, possibly one of the best sports commentators ever.
Reply 1658
Ollie
Hows about here?

where you on the east side or the west side? (if you were noticing things like that with all the excitement....)
Reply 1659
Ollie
Hows about here?

I think i'd be somewhere on the left of your picture, but it's too blurry to make out.

Brundle was so cool; just stopped right in front and just sat there blipping the throttle and then dumping the clutch :cool:

The silver safety car sounded very nice too.

Latest