Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    where you on the east side or the west side? (if you were noticing things like that with all the excitement....)
    I guess the East side of the top end of regent street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    where you on the east side or the west side? (if you were noticing things like that with all the excitement....)
    i don't even remember where i were

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siliviax)
    I don't think a more promising oppurtunity like that will happen for a while now.
    That's sed after every tournament! Don't worry 2014, when Rooney is 28, prime age, we will win the World Cup then!!!! I have money on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

The silver safety car sounded very nice too.
    Yeah, we saw enough of that car!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I guess the East side of the top end of regent street.
    i was on the west side, near little argyl street where the turn-around was. after the first few drivers, i started moving downwards, to get a different view. (i might add i didnt get a different view, i got no view at all as there were too many people in front. i should have stuck where i was :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...gh/3869751.stm

ok hes in his 30s now, but hes still a quality player, another high profile signing for middlesborough, good buy?
    Thats a wicked buy for Middlesborough, top class player, or used to be.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...gh/3856645.stm

theyre getting viduka as well
    Possibly Kluivert too.

Kluivert and SAhearer at Newcastle though - that could be a great partnership there.

Although it could end up like RVN and Kluivert for the Dutch team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Possibly Kluivert too.

Kluivert and SAhearer at Newcastle though - that could be a great partnership there.

Although it could end up like RVN and Kluivert for the Dutch team.
    middlesborough has got some worldclass players for the coming season

ReputationRep:
    middlesborough has got some worldclass players for the coming season
    But will they flop as Boro's other world class players have done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    But will they flop as Boro's other world class players have done?
    is zenden still at Middlesborough? and how about mendieta - is he staying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Yeah, we saw enough of that car!
    I didn't. I could watch that car go up and down all day. It sounded great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    are you boy or girl, sorry :rolleyes:
    I'm a girl

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I wish I could have gone, but there was noone to go with. Not many of my friends like F1, as doesn't my brother. My mum would have loved to have come, as she used to watch desert safaris when she was in Africa, which she says were very dangerous. Unfortunately my dad wasn't there as he works out of London else we would have gone.
    I really wish there could be a london grand prix, cos I'd love to be able to watch one.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.esaa.net/ and go to standards and it shows the times english schools expect you to be able to run for district county and national level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Hmm, I would try your hand at something else if you want to go places. I'm not trying to put you off, but as you probably know, in the low 12s (and quite frequently sub-12 secs) is what a decent 100m runner should be looking at (age 16/17). Mark Lewis Francis was doing 10.3 at 17 years old!!! (:eek: )

15 secs isn't really rapid (to be brutally honest). Improving technique will be the obvious way to improve this time, but even this is fairly unlikely to trim more than a second off your time. Sprinting is a fairly instinctive thing - people who are good sprinters at age 13, very often go on to be good sprinters at 18. Improving your fitness won't have a massive effect on cutting your time down to true competition standard.

Oopps, are you a guy or a girl?
    l
    ol girl, thanks for that. although im slow, i keep wondering how many seconds would be knocked off if i actually used blocks as im afraid to use them in competition at the moment i start 100m races from a standing position. do blocks make much difference?

its hard to believe i compete in this event lol but im really scared of running long distances in competition. i dont mind 400 but i wont be much use at it if im no good at 100.

ReputationRep:
    Mendieta is staying
    Zenden has returned to chelsea however it more that likely that he is going to leave for some where, I expect boro (and hope) will bid for him however I think there are other clubs interested too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Mendieta is staying
    Zenden has returned to chelsea however it more that likely that he is going to leave for some where, I expect boro (and hope) will bid for him however I think there are other clubs interested too
    zenden is a class player

ReputationRep:
    http://www.esaa.net/ and go to standards and it shows the times english schools expect you to be able to run for district county and national level
    cheers, i cant find standards though

ReputationRep:
    zenden is a class player
    some of the goals he got for us last season were expectional
    and he worked hard as well gettting back in position, and produced some great deliveries
    on the front of when saturday comes they had a picture of zenden holding the carling cup with the caption "i joined chelsea to win things"

ReputationRep:
    some of the goals he got for us last season were expectional
    and he worked hard as well gettting back in position, and produced some great deliveries
    on the front of when saturday comes they had a picture of zenden holding the carling cup with the caption "i joined chelsea to win things"
    i really want zenden and forsell back in the chelsea squad, but forsell obviously wont come back this season

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.