Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wenger, I think made some errors tactically today. Firstly he took Reyes off. He was the only one closing down further up the pitch, giving little time for their defenders to use the ball, once he went they had more time to pick out passes. He also brought Cygan on and stuck him in left midfield. Ok, maybe this wasn't Wenger's fault, but Cygan was supposed to be exactly where the cross came in for their goal, but he was, as someone behind me said, "scratching his balls in the centre of the pitch." Then, after they equalised, instead of going forward like he had been, he decided to stay back.
Oh, and he brought Gilberto on at right midfield again, which was terrible. After they equalised we only had dennis and henry attacking-wise.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
giggs fell over

i thought the Caroll foul on reyes was more a pen
What an awful and very biased viewpoint. It was clearly a foul by Campbell. His reaction gave it away.

And I think the whistle had gone for offside before the Reyes incident.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
What an awful and very biased viewpoint. It was clearly a foul by Campbell. His reaction gave it away.

And I think the whistle had gone for offside before the Reyes incident.
campbell had no reaction.
the inital contact was outside the box, then when campbell fell he brushed his arm on giggs, not a push, and he fell over.

Reyes was clearly fouled and there was no offside, the ball went for a corner.
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
the inital contact was outside the box, then when campbell fell he brushed his arm on giggs, not a push, and he fell over.

Oh well, I personally don't give a crap about penalties anymore. Games aren't won on penalties (ok, maybe sometimes) but a team doesn't lose because they lose out on a penalty appeal, they lose because they play crap for the other 85 minutes or so. Both Arsenal and Man Utd had great chances to win the game and they didn't take them. Shame on them for complaining about penalties.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)

Reyes was more like bundled over by Caroll. Blatant penalty.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byakugan_neji)
Oh well, I personally don't give a crap about penalties anymore. Games aren't won on penalties (ok, maybe sometimes) but a team doesn't lose because they lose out on a penalty appeal, they lose because they play crap for the other 85 minutes or so. Both Arsenal and Man Utd had great chances to win the game and they didn't take them. Shame on them for complaining about penalties.
So its fine if you play really well, make lots of chances but keep on getting fouled?
I personally thought that Henry's and Reyes' were pens from my initial reaction at the game. However, it wasn't Wenger or anyone else complaining about the pen appeals, it was Fergusmoan. I think we should have made more of our chances at 1-0 up.

I watched the highlights on sky, can I just say how absoultely disgusting it was to listen to 2 ManU fans (common knowledge) commentating. Just listen to it, they get so many cheap shots in. Also they managed to totally remove the Reyes' incident from the highlights. Then watched the highlights straight after on ITV, and even though Tildsleys a Manc too (also common knowledge) at least he doesn't make it that blatant in his commentary. Plus they actually talked about the Reyes incident, even though I hate their pundits (esp Gaby Yorath).
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anybody on here watch or play basketball?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Saw a bit of Lakers at Sacramento an hour ago, good game. I play, I represented my school, and in a national qualifier. Never played anther game in my school colours but we won the national tournament again so hey! I hope to play at uni. Oh yeah I kept score in a game too, harder than it sounds, I think Expression should know.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like rugby
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Saw a bit of Lakers at Sacramento an hour ago, good game. I play, I represented my school, and in a national qualifier. Never played anther game in my school colours but we won the national tournament again so hey! I hope to play at uni. Oh yeah I kept score in a game too, harder than it sounds, I think Expression should know.
Yeah that was a good game althouh here it ended 2 or 3 hours ago. I wanted the Kings to win and they didn't disapoint.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
Yeah that was a good game althouh here it ended 2 or 3 hours ago. I wanted the Kings to win and they didn't disapoint.
Were O'Neal and Bryant out of sorts or did Kings just defend them really well? Quite a margin of defeat for a team like the Lakers. Many crowd-pleasing moments, I like the atmosphere of NBA games...
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
treeees
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Were O'Neal and Bryant out of sorts or did Kings just defend them really well? Quite a margin of defeat for a team like the Lakers. Many crowd-pleasing moments, I like the atmosphere of NBA games...
I don't like the lakers but I don't think that Kobe got many shots. Oh well to bad. I like the kings though but my favorite team is the Knicks.
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like the kings though but my favorite team is the Knicks.
Yay, same here. How far do you think they'll go in the playoffs? I'm not sure if they'll get out of the first round, now that Jersey have Martin and Kidd back.
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anybody on here watch or play basketball?

I love basketball, i don't watch it cos it doesn't really come on TV, but i play it
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Yay, same here. How far do you think they'll go in the playoffs? I'm not sure if they'll get out of the first round, now that Jersey have Martin and Kidd back.
I was watching the game today and I couldn't help but think that they would have won if Houston was playing. I just hope that they don't lose three strait.
adrenaliner
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I have seen little bit Los angle lakers.
but i dont play it all!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The lakers are playing the rockets right now.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have just had to 'retire' from playing states due to injury. Iv eplayed since i was five years old.
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The lakers are playing the rockets right now.
I only just woke up.. one point win! Good to see the Rockets slowed it down and didn't get dominated.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads