Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3870711.stm

....................Schwarzer
......Reiziger Southgate Ehiogu Queudrue
............Mendieta..Juninho..Z enden
............Viduka Kluivert Hasselbaink

maybe not
boateng would get in the team ahead of juninho as much as i hate to admit it, he is a legend (Juninho) and has done amazing things for the club, however from what i have heard he could be going to celtic. Also I doubt we would play 3 out and out strkers and I doubt kluviett is going to sign. Anyway what ever happens this could be the best team boro have for a while
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think he's a bit young to move abroad and play for a foreign team, but if they want him they can have him, then maybe everyone will stop going on about him!
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i dont think he'll go abroad at this age either, the most likely move would be to old trafford.

hopefully..
meepmeep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
We also could have won the European Championships in athletics, had we not dropped the baton in the 4 x 400m relay!

We seem to be untouchable in snooker and darts, presumably because they are pub things
We'd have also won if Mark Lewis-Francis hadn't of got disqualified due to false starting when he was the runaway favourite.:rolleyes:

Also, if you go to any town or village in France, the one thing they all have in common is a stadium (for which members of the public are allowed to use). Every town has it's own athletics track with sports pitches. We tend to build estates on our green fields and can anybody name more than two small towns with their own stadiums. I suppose another problem is that the weather isn't as good so we don't get as much chance to enjoy the outdoors, but that is a poor excuse.

Another problem seems to be that we congratulate failure but spurn success (look at Eddie the Eagle compared to someone like Lenox Lewis and ask which one is more popular or even better known when one was the undisputed champion in his respective sport while the other got famous for throwing himself down a ski-run in the winter olympics and coming last). There's a time and a place for this kind of thought, but we seem to make it a national obsession instead of a rareity.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fly By)
yeah i dont think he'll go abroad at this age either, the most likely move would be to old trafford.

hopefully..
MU cannot afford him. The only premiership team that can afford him is Chelsea
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if he decides to leave himself though then the price will probably be lowered
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Old story. Weird that all the papers have republished it...
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They can keep dreaming too
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not in the slightest, would have been cool though.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
MU cannot afford him. The only premiership team that can afford him is Chelsea
Lol, you fool, complete and utter Bullsh*t

Anyway Everton would accept anything above 25 million, (which stands at their current debt)
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Lol, you fool, complete and utter Bullsh*t

Anyway Everton would accept anything above 25 million, (which stands at their current debt)
you may think united is declaring that they cannot afford him in hope that Everton will lower the price -, yes maybe, but Rooney will not be sold at 25 million trust me, it will be higher
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you may think united is declaring that they cannot afford him in hope that Everton will lower the price -, yes maybe, but Rooney will not be sold at 25 million trust me, it will be higher
No i don't think that!
United can afford anything!
Rooney will not be sold for any more than 30 million, and i doubt any more than 25 million
And No i don't want to trust you.
I don't trust fools.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Old story. Weird that all the papers have republished it...
That story coming up is usually an indicator that there aren't many footy stories to talk about!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And thats exactly what he will be called - Sean Davis, with Simon also there, but spelt with the e!

Arnesen describes him as one of the "highest quality midfielders in the Premiership", and he will be important in the centre of midfield.

Now, I hope that he will partner Michael Brown, who has already been described as being in the nucleus of the squad.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Now, I hope that he will partner Michael Brown, who has already been described as being in the nucleus of the squad.
That would be an absolute disaster.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That would be an absolute disaster.
How would it?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
How would it?
Michael Brown is an average player with minimal ability on the ball. However, last season the fact that he was willing to run all over the pitch and could win the ball meant he could play a role for us. Davis is a similar player, albeit with a lot more quality, and could play a similar role to that which Brown played last season. Thus Brown will have no role to play, and would just be an average player in the team to make up the numbers.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Spurs are gonna have a pretty promising midfield then:

Brown
Davies
Davis

and Jamie Redknapp was pretty useful before becoming a hypochondriac. Any spurs fans know what the situation with Matthew Etherington is? he was pretty promising a couple of years ago.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Michael Brown is an average player with minimal ability on the ball. However, last season the fact that he was willing to run all over the pitch and could win the ball meant he could play a role for us.
Sounds like your describing beckham/keane there. Brown always looked useful whenever ive seen him, granted he never seemed capable of being mistaken for zidane but determination and effort is exactly what was missing in the spurs midfield last season.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Any spurs fans know what the situation with Matthew Etherington is? he was pretty promising a couple of years ago.
Yes. He's at West Ham. And Michael Brown cannot pass. Or run with the ball. Or shoot. Or do anything at all when in possession. Comparing him to Beckham or Keane is, well, stupid to the extreme.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads