?
Report 15 years ago
come on swindon!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's not just any Carling Cup, that's OUR Carling Cup.

:cool:
Electric Magic
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I haven't watched many football matches but I thought Czech republic vs Holland was pretty good. Turning on the TV 15 minutes through, I think the scoring had already begun and then another goal was score.

It was either that or revision, and I had the feeling that this would be a good one and that I should watch the entire match should anything happen towards the end. I wish England would play like that :rolleyes:.

Matches I should have watched:

England 5-1 Germany and pretty much any of those high-scoring matches from the '90s.

Southampton 3-2 Arsenal, last match at The Dell (Le Tissier comes on to score in the final minute, I used to have the .gif in my profile picture).
Electric Magic
Report 15 years ago
I don't really see many truly funny moments here although there are a few . I was expecting people to come up with the sort of thing that they showed on videos like "football hell", now that was funny, if only I could remember what was on it. Stupid stuff like missing open goals by trying to be too clever, that sort of thing.
jar
Report 15 years ago
Robbie Keane playing for Wolves when he was 18, nutmegging Rufus Brevett and then yanking his dreadlocks when he went past him - the cheek of it!
He also managed to nutmeg one of their defenders about 20 times in that game - sheer class.
jar
Report 15 years ago
Sorry to go on - but another one was when Wolves were thrashing Grimsby about 5-0 and we got a penalty. Even though Nathan Blake was on a hat-trick Dean Sturridge wouldn't let him take it. Deano then attempted one of the Dwight Yorke-style chips down the middle but managed to chip it about 4 foot over the bar. The look on Nathan Blake's face was priceless

I'm sure you can all guess that I am a Wolves fan - don't feel sorry for me - it is my choice
jar
Report 15 years ago
Wolves 3-2 Newcastle

This surely was the match of the respective season, it had everything! I think it was live on Sky as well

Was also at the Wolves - Leicester match last season when we were 3-0 down at half time but in the end won it 4-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also was greay when we beat Man U every single Man Utd fan in the Midlands seemed to disappear after that!!
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Manchester UNited vs Real Madrid. 2nd Leg.
Brilliant match..though United went out.
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Cantona Kung Fu
I have to agree
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Shay Given putting the ball down on the ground, without realising Dublin was still standing behind him. Doh!
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
UNited are going to be sensible..they will wait till nxt yr (perhaps Jan) for Rooney, and wait for his price tag to come down. Personally, I don't think he is worth £25m +. He is not all that. I don't think UNited should really bother personally.
If they did get him, he would play in a 'Scholes' attacking position.
~ o ~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
How exactly will he fit into United's setup? They already have Van Nistelrooy, Saha and Smith. I think Rooney is a waste of money at this moment of time. They should give him a few more seasons to see whether he will still be world-class by then.

Sorry to sound so rude. I'm an United fan as well and it would be good to see Rooney here but then again, it would be bad if it made Van Nistelrooy and co unhappy because Van Nistelrooy CANNOT go to Real Madrid.....
I agree.
Electric Magic
Report 15 years ago
Not many people mentioning motorsport for some reason... Britain is pretty damn good at it all the way through.

There's always been a Brit racer near the front of F1: Moss, Hill, Stewart, Hunt, Mansell, another Hill, Coulthard

( [minirant]who has won a lot of GPs, outclassed his team-mate Hakkinen and stood up to Schumi a couple of years ago when his team seemed to be more behind Mika...not as bad as people say he is then! [/minirant over] )

...plus a lot of "nearly men" who could have done well in the right team.

Oh, did I say that most of the teams are based in Britain, many with a brilliant record? And that even in Ferrari the man who collects the winning constructor's trophy at the end of each race is Ross Brawn? Can anyone guess his nationality? And this is only F1 that I am talking about it's only the tip of the iceberg (lower formulae, rallying etc etc).

You don't have to look very hard to find sports that Britain is good at, there is quite a wide range. I can't think of much else that Italy is supposed to be good at, except for football. And they failed to make it past the group stage this year. (maybe it's just my ignorance that I can't see past football, I know that makes me a hypocrite but what the hell )

AND!!! If you're STILL not happy about the situation, get outside and do something about it! Who knows, maybe there's a potential badminton or swimming world champ wasting away on this forum :rolleyes:
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
or the one you thought was the one with the most style.

My favourites include:
Sinclair's bicycle kick for QPR ages ago
Di Canio volly for West Ham off a ball taht had travelled about 30 yards
Juninho (in his first spell) scoring a diving header against Chelsea
Owen against Argentina, dont need to say any more
Roberto Carlos's free kick against France in that pre world cup comp. where the ball bent sooooo much, havent seen him do it since tho despite having loads of goes

What your your favourites, no doubt I will think of some more but these are the ones that comes to me at the mo. Bergkamp should probably be on there too for his goal against Argentina in 1998
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
or the one you thought was the one with the most style.

My favourites include:
Sinclair's bicycle kick for QPR ages ago
Di Canio volly for West Ham off a ball taht had travelled about 30 yards
Juninho (in his first spell) scoring a diving header against Chelsea
Owen against Argentina, dont need to say any more
Roberto Carlos's free kick against France in that pre world cup comp. where the ball bent sooooo much, havent seen him do it since tho despite having loads of goes

What your your favourites, no doubt I will think of some more but these are the ones that comes to me at the mo. Bergkamp should probably be on there too for his goal against Argentina in 1998
Matt Le Tissiers free kick about 40 yards and also the one where he dribbled past half a team. kinkladze scored a good goal too for man city once in a similar mould. theres thousands to choose from, too much talent in these english leagues!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
beckham's from half way line definitely
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by teamvillage)
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
I can't deny that Harmison is a world class bowler. Vaughan, Flintoff, Strauss and Geraint Jones would have to be mentioned as crucial England performers too. Outside of this core, I can't really see anything that special about the England setup.
If I were Marcus Trescothick, I would feel a little hard done by that analysis.
i would agree. Tresco is a top player, and there's no coincidence that whenever he doesn't do well, we suffer, unless harmy/flintoff can produce the goods.

we're too reliant on 2 or 3 players - harmison, tresco and flintoff. that's why we've suffered this series. one injured, and the other two not on form - we do need other players who can step in and dominate.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
How exactly will he fit into United's setup? They already have Van Nistelrooy, Saha and Smith. I think Rooney is a waste of money at this moment of time. They should give him a few more seasons to see whether he will still be world-class by then.

Sorry to sound so rude. I'm an United fan as well and it would be good to see Rooney here but then again, it would be bad if it made Van Nistelrooy and co unhappy because Van Nistelrooy CANNOT go to Real Madrid.....
Okay fellow united fan, i know what u mean - but what i meant was the whole fergie regime - how he handles and takes care of youngsters would really be beneficial for rooney - i mean, lets put it this way if gazza had decided to come to united then he wouldnt be in the state that he is in rite now! and do u really rate smith? im not too sure about him - obviously he must have sumthing otherwise fergie would never have bought him (...then again - taibi, poborsky, jordi cruyff....). Reckon rooney will stay at everton 'til at least january.....
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
giggs' goal against arsenal - fa cup replay 1999- exhilarating to watch - dribbled past i dont know how many arsenal defenders and what an exquisite finish!!!
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fly By)
haha, yeah and got a red card from shearer.

the other funny moment was when one of the referees tried to backheel the ball but instead he stepped on it and tripped over.
yes - i agree - absolutely hilarious!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads