Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
shishi nee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
god - there's so many! from euro 2004 - holland vs. czech republic - fabulous match, from the champion league it has to be chelski vs arsenal - im a united fan and u can imagine my delight when chelski knocked them out. best fa cup match - has to be man utd vs arsenal fa cup semi-final at villa park - great goal by becks, arsenal equalised, keano sent off, bergkamp missed penalty - or rather schmeichel superbly saved it! and then a wonderful goal by giggsy - pure class!
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
beckham's from half way line definitely
not a fan personally
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
Bergkamp should probably be on there too for his goal against Argentina in 1998
Bergkamp's hat-trick goal against leicester was really good as well
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
not a fan personally
why not
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
why not
I don't know, not particular reason, altho i accept the vision and execuation i think that its more the goalie's fault and abit lucky if it does go in. Also i supose i dont htink its particularly beautiful
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
one of my personal favourites: tony adams scoring the fourth goal late on in the game, after being put thorugh by steve bould, against everton....that moment capped off a great season for arsenal, and was wenger's first premiership success
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This is scarily weird. I dreamt that I had this exact conversation with my dad. Naturally I thought about it long and hard in the dream, so I know exactly what goal it is . Sadly I can't remember the name of the guy who scored it .

It was for Leeds, I think 1994, black midfielder (I think he was a midfielder), took the ball from the halfway line, took the ball around 6 players one at a time (and he didn't just storm past them, he actually took it round them), then from about 30 yards out, chipped/hammered it past the keeper, and it went in off the crossbar. Ridiculous goal.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
This is scarily weird. I dreamt that I had this exact conversation with my dad. Naturally I thought about it long and hard in the dream, so I know exactly what goal it is . Sadly I can't remember the name of the guy who scored it .

It was for Leeds, I think 1994, black midfielder (I think he was a midfielder), took the ball from the halfway line, took the ball around 6 players one at a time (and he didn't just storm past them, he actually took it round them), then from about 30 yards out, chipped/hammered it past the keeper, and it went in off the crossbar. Ridiculous goal.
Tony Yeboah!!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

i think that was tony yeboah...great goal (although i don't think it was quite 6 players )
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i think that was tony yeboah...great goal (although i don't think it was quite 6 players )
It was six. I counted
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It was six. I counted
really? i think i might be thinking of a different one, becasue i know he scored two brilliant goals, one on his right foot and one one on his left, in a short period of time. the one i'm thinking of was just a right-foot volley that crashed onto the underside of the crossbar and into the net.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Guess i should also add Michael Thomas's goal for Arsenal against Liverpool
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
obviously maradonna's second against england deserves a mention...
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Electric Magic)
I can't think of much else that Italy is supposed to be good at, except for football. And they failed to make it past the group stage this year. (maybe it's just my ignorance that I can't see past football, I know that makes me a hypocrite but what the hell )
Ignorance? Maybe

At Sydney 2000, Italy were 7th in the medal rankings, ahead of the UK.
Furthermore, swimming, fencing, cycling, skiing, basketball, ... have been traditional italian strengths - sports in which Italy perform consistently well and obtain medals/ have the best athletes
leo00000000
Report 15 years ago
Maybe 8 years later ronaldo will consider spur ......
theedge
Report 15 years ago
Hi, I´ll be doing some studies in London for 1 year starting this October, and since I practice racquetball I would be interesting in knowing about clubs where I can practice it.
I´m not a professional neither an amateur. I would consider myself as intermediate.
Location (I will be studying in LSE), fees and anything else would be helpful!!!!
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There is not a great deal that you can do to impove speed. You may be able to shave some off your time but its all to do with fast and slow twitch muscles.

You either have fast twitch muscles or you don't. If you are not a fast runner chances are that you never will be.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
There is not a great deal that you can do to impove speed. You may be able to shave some off your time but its all to do with fast and slow twitch muscles.

You either have fast twitch muscles or you don't. If you are not a fast runner chances are that you never will be.
Thats not true, you can build fast twitch muscle fibres..
Fade Into Black
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I reckon you should improve your stamina. Go for jogs on a regular basis, eventually you can put weights in a rucksack and jog that really helps. You could also improve your leg muscles by attaching weights around your ankles.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Zidane's left-foot volley in the Champion's League final. Excellent technique and vision for goal.

Ah.....the amount of times I have been thinking about doing that myself.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads