Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmm....I have only seen it on TV but the match between AC Milan and Ajax in the quarter finals of the Champion's League 2002-2003 season. The atmosphere in the San Siro was absolutely thrilling. I wished I was there. Maybe in the future if the Champion's League final is held in the San Siro or a derby between Internazionale and AC Milan.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shishi nee)
Okay fellow united fan, i know what u mean - but what i meant was the whole fergie regime - how he handles and takes care of youngsters would really be beneficial for rooney - i mean, lets put it this way if gazza had decided to come to united then he wouldnt be in the state that he is in rite now! and do u really rate smith? im not too sure about him - obviously he must have sumthing otherwise fergie would never have bought him (...then again - taibi, poborsky, jordi cruyff....). Reckon rooney will stay at everton 'til at least january.....
Has Rooney signed a new contract with Everton yet? Otherwise, it would be great if he waited until his contract ran out and did the dirty on his club.
shishi nee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
nope - not yet.
Gwarwick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to on the track team I did 100m, 200m, Hurdles, Relay. Do plyometrics, and one of best forms of training is actually sprinting. If you cannot find any good plyometrics just ask me. If you have access to a 400m track Id suggest sprinting 100m then jogging 100m repetitevely.
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm sure there will be plenty of squash courts around - in England racketball is mostly just played on squash courts. I don't know if there are many proper racketball courts in London though - maybe a couple.
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think in general GB is underachieving in sports baring in mind how much money is invested in certain sports and facilities, compared to other countries e.g. tennis has seen millions of pounds being pumped in and whats been the end results??? also if you look at countries like india where cricket is a major sport and something which they are really good at but young players get no support financially or in terms of coaching.
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oxford vs Reading

A local derby for us, big gate as well so it should boost the coffers a bit.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
player of the tournament? maniche
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
player of the tournament? maniche
no
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
no
si - why not? he was the heart of the portugal team - and he scored the goal of the tournament - a muy superbo gol!
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dellas has been one of them - Maniche has been quite good but probably only becuase most of us hadn't heard of him before so were surprised.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i agree wholeheartedly - dellas was a star.
can sumbody please back me up here - ballack is NOT a world-class player - hes a good player in an incredibly inferior german team - just what has he done in either the national team or with bayern munchen that makes ppl think he is world-class??sure enough there were signs of promise when he was at leverkusen...but he doesn't seem to have moved on from there.
Electric Magic
Report 15 years ago
Like Wembley for example...however cool that arch will look I'm sure they could have shopped around for a better deal :rolleyes:
jar
Report 15 years ago
For Wolves:
Ade Akinbiyi for us against QPR when he volleyed it into the top corner from the angle of the box
Also any goal that Steve Bull ever scored

Non-Wolves:
Kanu's 3rd goal against Chelsea when scored from the actual by-line - I still don't know how he did that!
Zola's back-flick from the corner for Chelsea against Norwich
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
obviously maradonna's second against england deserves a mention...
good goal, but why do so many people think its that good?
Cossack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Jay Jay from 20 yards on the last day of the 02-03 season putting west ham down and keeping the mighty whites up!!!
Sahir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jar)
For Wolves:
Ade Akinbiyi for us against QPR when he volleyed it into the top corner from the angle of the box
Also any goal that Steve Bull ever scored

Non-Wolves:
Kanu's 3rd goal against Chelsea when scored from the actual by-line - I still don't know how he did that!
Zola's back-flick from the corner for Chelsea against Norwich
If you're talking about Kanu, the goal that comes to mind was against Spurs in about 1999/2000 ish; cheeky flick over Carr's head and then rammed it past Walker. Class, twas.

Oh, and Bergkamp in Euro 2000 (i think?!) .. those amazing 3 touches, which was just pure class. Arguably better than Gazza's in Euro 96 vs. Scotland. To be honest though, both fking superb.
Sahir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Zidane's left-foot volley in the Champion's League final. Excellent technique and vision for goal.

Ah.....the amount of times I have been thinking about doing that myself.
I forget the match, but i briefly caught Figo's goal for Real in the Champions League from last season.. which was just pure genius; y'know, the one where he looked like he was crossing it but it curled so much that it hit the top corner. Pretty amazing.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sahir)
I forget the match, but i briefly caught Figo's goal for Real in the Champions League from last season.. which was just pure genius; y'know, the one where he looked like he was crossing it but it curled so much that it hit the top corner. Pretty amazing.
There was no way he was shooting at goal from there! he meant it as a cross only somehow it ended up in the net - as u can guess im a united fan - it was real vs man united....
Sahir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There was no way he was shooting at goal from there! he meant it as a cross only somehow it ended up in the net - as u can guess im a united fan - it was real vs man united....
Awesome goal tho No wonder i didn't take an interest..! Gunner born n bred, baby!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise