Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
stu_uk_aussie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As an avid cricket watcher myself I am absolutely thrilled with the succes of the 20/20 Cup and i think its great but then i could wtach any type of cricket ; County Champs, One Day, Internationals. I suppose what im getting at is what do other people who watch cricket regularly think? and more so is there any people out there who didnt like cricket before but now like it and have been attracted to it by 20/20 Cricket?
Pete.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
stephen hendry

7 times world champ

Enuff sed
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone who isn't Peter Ebdon.
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by stu_uk_aussie)
As an avid cricket watcher myself I am absolutely thrilled with the succes of the 20/20 Cup and i think its great but then i could wtach any type of cricket ; County Champs, One Day, Internationals. I suppose what im getting at is what do other people who watch cricket regularly think? and more so is there any people out there who didnt like cricket before but now like it and have been attracted to it by 20/20 Cricket?
I regularly watch/play cricket and I was against the idea of 20/20 when it waas first raised. However, having witnessed the massive increase in attendance at these matches I have to admit that it was a good thing. However, like some people have suggested, I wouldn't like to see regular 20/20 series between international sides.
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think its great, normally i dont bother watching cricket only England and if i do i never watch the whole match. With 20/20 its much more exciting and i actually watch the whole game.
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Veedy)
I wouldn't like to see regular 20/20 series between international sides.
Why?? They are planning to have a 20/20 series between england and australia next year... i think it would be good to have a fortnight long tornament every couple of years, like the world cup but on a smaller scale.
goldenboy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i love the hong kong sixes!
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ive never seen those all i know is Matt Maynard, i think was England captain last time
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
paul hunter

cant stand mark williams
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leeroy)
paul hunter

cant stand mark williams

paul hunter reminds me of a box of benson and hedges
Lyte
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
john virgo
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
go to pakistan ( home sweet home ) .... u get them very cheap there ...
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hong kong sixes rule when it comes to simply bashing the ball to the boundary ....

all u need is afridi and akram VS sehwag and pathan(cant think of a better indian bowler ... all their older bowlers suked ) .... and ur in for a slug fest ...
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
Why?? They are planning to have a 20/20 series between england and australia next year... i think it would be good to have a fortnight long tornament every couple of years, like the world cup but on a smaller scale.
it takes the skill out of cricket , all u do is bash the ball to all corners ,
Personally i dont like ODI's that much too , tests will always be my favorite form of cricket , bowlers get equal respect .
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
NE1 know where i could get hold of sum cheaper cricket whites as I dont want to have to pay £40 for them or nething like that
i buy them from my school shop
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think we have to decide whether we want to be like the USA, where it seems kids have to choose between sport and education - where sports at University are semi-professional and sports types get in far easier, where sport is an obsession, or whether we want sport as a way of keeping the nation healthy.
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
I don't mind one match a series but I wouldn't like a full series each time one side places another as I prefer 50 over cricket. 20/20 is a novelty in my opinion and doesn't display the range of skills seen in test cricket or even one day cricket for that matter.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For any of you budding snooker players out there, what is your highest break (on a full-size table)? Mine's 27 - I cleared from the yellow (six balls) although I have had a seven-ball break recently of 22 which would have been 28 had a long pink not rattled in the jaws.

Anyone regularly score 30s/40s and would like to give any tips as to how to improve?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
For any of you budding snooker players out there, what is your highest break (on a full-size table)? Mine's 27 - I cleared from the yellow (six balls) although I have had a seven-ball break recently of 22 which would have been 28 had a long pink not rattled in the jaws.

Anyone regularly score 30s/40s and would like to give any tips as to how to improve?
my highest is 49, i dont get regular 30s/40s tho -lots ofpractice certainly helps
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)

my highest is 38 went something like red-black-red-brown-red-blue-red-blue-red-yellow-red-brown-red-green-red. 15 balls in a row but a lot were flukes
i was so happy as my last highest break was like 20.
some man at my local club regularly gets centurys and the person he is playing looks so bored just sitting there
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads