The Student Room Group

Further Maths 2023

Hello, i need to urgently know whether FP1, FP2 and FP3 are sufficient to get a certificate for Further Maths IAL Edexcel. Or am i supposed to take on 3 more papers? If so, which do you recommend are the easiest papers : S2, S3, M2, M3, D1, FP2 or FP3
Original post by MrsMia
Hello, i need to urgently know whether FP1, FP2 and FP3 are sufficient to get a certificate for Further Maths IAL Edexcel. Or am i supposed to take on 3 more papers? If so, which do you recommend are the easiest papers : S2, S3, M2, M3, D1, FP2 or FP3

No.

You need 6 units that are not the ones you used for maths for an IAL in further maths. You have to do FP1 and either FP2 or FP3 (or both if you want to).

S2, M2 and D1 are relatively easy with lots of resources available.
Reply 2
Right, thank you! I have another question, I am currently studying at Year 12, FP1 along with Maths and Physics IAS, and I cant seem to decide whether I should be giving another Further Maths paper in June along with FP1, if so which module is the easiest to learn in about 1.5/2 months time?
I also plan on giving S2 and M2 in October series
That way I can do 2 more Modules at ease at year 13, do u have any recommendations about this plan?
Original post by MrsMia
Right, thank you! I have another question, I am currently studying at Year 12, FP1 along with Maths and Physics IAS, and I cant seem to decide whether I should be giving another Further Maths paper in June along with FP1, if so which module is the easiest to learn in about 1.5/2 months time?
I also plan on giving S2 and M2 in October series
That way I can do 2 more Modules at ease at year 13, do u have any recommendations about this plan?

If I was studying independently and thinking of taking extra units early to ease the exam load in future I'd probably do P3
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
If I was studying independently and thinking of taking extra units early to ease the exam load in future I'd probably do P3

Oh, im sorry i forgot to mention that I would be doing P3 for Maths A2 Level, and not for further maths, so which is easier to do in 1.5 months time- D1 or FP2? (For further maths)
Original post by MrsMia
Oh, im sorry i forgot to mention that I would be doing P3 for Maths A2 Level, and not for further maths, so which is easier to do in 1.5 months time- D1 or FP2? (For further maths)

I know P3 will count towards the A2 requirement of Maths A level but you can do it early while you are doing AS exams. D1 is fiddly and easy to get wrong in exams if you have not done lots of practice but it is light years easier than F2. You should leave F2 until after P3 and P4 as P1-P4 & FP1 knowledge is assumed in F2 and could be tested in F2 questions.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest