The Student Room Group

york or sheff for law

Hi, i was wondering as a londoner, which would be nicer and more comfortable, also not into clubbing and which is more cultural and diverse.
York has a handful of clubs the SU organise which ones as St John's Uni also use. More bars and very good restaurants. Racecourse holds a comic con alongside outdoor events.

Plenty of history as an old city - Vikings, Romans etc, its laid back. Probably not as diverse as Sheffield but there is something for each community and it is expanding along with the LGBT+.

Downside no buses on a Sunday morning before 9am not good if you have to work.
Alot of traffic but as a Londoner its not as bad.
Warmer months gets very busy with racegoers & stag/hen parties.
Expensive private student renting - 4 bed £1700+ 6 bed upto £4/5k.

Sheffield is bigger city has a lot more I believe cheaper.
Maybe visit especially if unis offer b&b accommodation.

I'm from London now live few miles outside of York have a daughter looking to go to Lancaster or City/Goldsmiths maybe Swansea/Sussex not sure on the insurance as yet for Law.

Do have a god daughter from London at York Uni and loves it, studying economics.
(edited 1 year ago)
Sheffield will be more diverse. York is the Exeter of the North.
These are two vastly different cities with vastly different universities. Both have easy access to London by rail and you would be able to answer a lot of your questions just by visiting each for a day and taking a good look around. Then it's down to the course details. Entry requirements are very similar.
Original post by Supermature
These are two vastly different cities with vastly different universities. Both have easy access to London by rail and you would be able to answer a lot of your questions just by visiting each for a day and taking a good look around. Then it's down to the course details. Entry requirements are very similar.

Yes this poster is correct - look at the course. York as a weird teaching programme for law so look that up.

It really is unusual so do make sure you look that up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending