The Student Room Group

GCSE textiles from home

I'm in year 10 but my school's GCSE system is weird and we do our gcses in one year over 3 years so I already have 2 gcses that I did in school and 1 i did outside of school. I'm also doing 3 gcses this year. Anyway they removed GCSE textiles from the gcses we can do for next year but I really want to do it anyway, my parents said they don't mind paying for it but I can't find any courses or private tutors for it or anything, so I'm a bit lost... If anyone has any advice or knows what I should do could you please tell me because I am stuck. Also I have to do it before I finish school in year 11 so the course can't be 2 years :frown:
Original post by aliceinhell
I'm in year 10 but my school's GCSE system is weird and we do our gcses in one year over 3 years so I already have 2 gcses that I did in school and 1 i did outside of school. I'm also doing 3 gcses this year. Anyway they removed GCSE textiles from the gcses we can do for next year but I really want to do it anyway, my parents said they don't mind paying for it but I can't find any courses or private tutors for it or anything, so I'm a bit lost... If anyone has any advice or knows what I should do could you please tell me because I am stuck. Also I have to do it before I finish school in year 11 so the course can't be 2 years :frown:

It's very unlikely that you can do Textiles at home as your work has to be marked by your Teachers, instead of examiners. They also need to make sure that the work you do is your own. Your only option really is to ask your school if you can do textiles work independently in substitute for Art, so that your teachers can observe you doing the work plus some guidance. Then doing stuff that you can't do at school like sewing at home. Art and Textiles are marked using the exact same criteria so it shouldn't be an issue to get an Art teacher to mark your work. It's just about convincing the school that they can trust you to do the work on your own.
Textiles is next to impossible to take at home, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest