The Student Room Group

Applying for 2nd year transfer through UCAS - wait or apply later?

As the title suggests, I'm unsure whether to apply by the end of January (equal consideration deadline) or wait until June 30, when I have a more complete transcript (only one semester completed), as well as a better reference. Will equal consideration matter for me? Any advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am currently a first year and want to transfer in the second
(edited 1 year ago)
I am in my second year but I am going to take a break and have applied for second year elsewhere already. I just used my first year transcript, didn’t include this current one.
Original post by kjam5469
As the title suggests, I'm unsure whether to apply by the end of January (equal consideration deadline) or wait until June 30, when I have a more complete transcript (only one semester completed), as well as a better reference. Will equal consideration matter for me? Any advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am currently a first year and want to transfer in the second

Some universities will close all courses for all years on the UCAS deadline.

apply as soon as you can. It takes longer to consider transfer applications than year 1 applications. Delaying your application doesn’t increase your chances of an offer it makes things more rushed
Don't forget to read the Transfer FAQ. Notably the bit about contacting your choices ahead of applying.
If you don't get a reply back from universities in time then you can check on UCAS course search which universities have their courses open to Year 2 applications - just search for the course and then use the filters to show only Year of Entry 2
(eg https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/courses?searchTerm=psychology&studyYear=2023&destination=Undergraduate&entryPoint=2&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=None shows the results for Psychology).

It's not perfect but it gives some idea - for example in those results UWE and Bath Spa accept 2nd year applications for Psych but Bristol and Bath don't.
You can also see on the Course page on UCAS whether they accept applications for Points of Entry 2:
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/067606a3-37af-1d5e-50c2-d5dd839eccd1?academicYearId=2023 scroll down to "How to Apply" section
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending