Turn on thread page Beta

had my haircut today... watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive had my hair about shoulder length for the last 7 years and today its finally had the chop! Thats right, its all gone.

This probably sounds really petty to some of you, but when all you know is yourself with long hair this was a really big move for me. I went through all of school, college etc with long hair, ive even ran my own business for the last two years, meeting clients, managing a team, all with my hair long.

Anyway, i thought I need to give myself the absolute best chances of doing well, and a nice clean hair cut will give off a better first impression for my first venture into the AFCO on thursday. They had better appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Well done, they will appreciate it. Your long hair may of been neat and tidy, but to military personnel in the AFCO, if your hairs long you'll always be called scruffy lol. So yeah, well done and congratulations on your big step.

ReputationRep:
    Good decision. While in todays PC world you really shouldn't have to cut your hair up until the very first day in training - you're going to make a much better impression!

ReputationRep:
    You'll be threaders if you don't get in now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Omg.
    *Horror struck*
    No!

ReputationRep:
    Go for a number 0 all over your bonce, uncle fester look is definately the new black

ReputationRep:
    Haha, by the sound of it, it was a resounding good idea
    Im actually getting used to it pretty quickly. Its just your average short back and sides, slightly longer on top, nothing unlikeable about it now anyway unlike before. Even if it was neat. Its another tick in the box

One thing i am looking forward to, just waking up in the mornings being practically ready to go. I feel liberated.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Dark Sun)
    Go for a number 0 all over your bonce, uncle fester look is definately the new black
    Not really an officer's haircut though....!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Wzz)
    I got hauled up at Cranwell for having an 'unofficer-like haircut'. It was a No 3 all over! Doing PT 5 times a week and wearing a hat outdoors in uniform meant that seemed most sensible. Glad to say we don't have those issues any more. Once you are in that is!

ReputationRep:
    On NCA ITC the course had an epic ********** for have un SNCO like haircuts. A few of us had No2 all over however our Flt Cdr had just had a No1 all over and got a roding out from the Sqn Cdr for an un officer like hair cut. What is it they say about poo rolling down hill !!

ReputationRep:
    An un-SNCO haircut!!??!!

With the number of high foreheads, comb overs and wide partings in the SNCO's Mess, I thought that there would be more 'Mr Sheen' used than hair gel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    Hehe but it would look funny though, especially with the lightbulb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannibal Smith)
    An un-SNCO haircut!!??!!

With the number of high foreheads, comb overs and wide partings in the SNCO's Mess, I thought that there would be more 'Mr Sheen' used than hair gel!

PMSL !!!

tea - screen interface moment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannibal Smith)
    An un-SNCO haircut!!??!!

Were not all old gits that slump in our chairs with pipe and slippers you know, some of us still have a full head of hair with a magnitude of hair gel....so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

:woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Cashew868)
    some of us still have a full head of hair with a magnitude of hair gel....so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

:woo:
    Yeah - trying to recreate the Miami Vice wet look that was popular the last time you were fashionable! Sleeves on your cardigan rolled up to the elbow too?

Ah - the Crimpolene Dancing Palace - a den of delights to get invited in to and no doubt

ReputationRep:
    It's all the nigh-on-free beer, does their hair no good.

ReputationRep:
    WO & SNCO MESS

(Sponsored by Age Concern)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely reminiscent of one or two Sergeants I've met.

ReputationRep:
    Just looking at some old photos. My hair was level with my earlobes when I went to OASC, it was past my shoulders when I started IOT.

That's one hell of a long recruiting process!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.