The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There is no more of a buzz in London.
The people are friendlier in Manchester, and we have the benefits of London but in a smaller area.
Plus it's cheaper!

I'm sorry I disagree lol I think London has a bigger buzz and better atmosphere. I've lived in both areas and have visited both on regular basis (mostly manc though). And even tho I live up north, I still think london is better :biggrin:
will...
it's a small small world isn't it.

yes it is :smile:

which bit are you from? message me if you dont wanna post it :smile:
neebo
WOOP!
Which part you from?

near ormskirk? well inbetween wigan and ormskirk..west lancs :smile:..

(sorry for double post!!)
Quite simply, Manchester.
Reply 44
CrimsonAngel
YAY someone from lancashire :biggrin::biggrin:

There's a Lancashire lad here too.

Gonna have to say London though.
London. All the multicultural-ness and the classical music venues = happy Goatherd :woo:
London, of course. The only good thing about manchester is that they're called manc's, which makes me smile.
Reply 47
The_Lonely_Goatherd
London. All the multicultural-ness and the classical music venues = happy Goatherd :woo:

Out of interest, what do you mean by multicultural-ness? And what do you like about it?
Reply 48
Manchester of course!

I LOVE it, theres nowhere else I'd rather live wherever I go I never feel as at home as when I'm here.
Reply 49
as someone who's lived in both, Manchester.

noticeably cheaper cost of living, much friendlier people, and has a lot of vibrancy like London but in a more compact area.

there a lot of great things about London too but all I can say is I'v defintely enjoyed living in Manchester more..
East or west, Manchester is the best !
manchester.
Reply 52
Easy. Manchester. It's where I live now.
London, definitely. :biggrin:
Well I've never been to Manchester but London's pretty cool so I'm going to go for that.
Too easy, London.
This is going to sound weird but I don't like big cities so I pick London.
To me, it feels like lots of different towns with individual characters with good transport links.
Reply 57
well im from manchester and live here but i really enjoy going london :smile: but i guess itd get boring if i just lived there, maybe thats why i like it so much.. but people here in manchester are much friendlier i think, you smile at someone in london and they look at you all wierd :s-smilie:
Reply 58
A Stranger in Moscow
This is going to sound weird but I don't like big cities so I pick London.
To me, it feels like lots of different towns with individual characters with good transport links.

you dont like big cities so you pick london? londons bigger than manchester :s-smilie:
Reply 59
Definitely Manchester. London is just full of miserable people who never talk to each other.

Latest