The Student Room Group

a level law help pleasee

So I have always gotten an A or a B in a level law in school but these midterms I got an E which was unexpected. I have to take my grade to an A, and I give my exams in 3 months. Some people say that it is impossible to take my grade to an A and I'm feeling really defeated. The main things I'm struggling and need help with How to write an evaluation How to structure my essays How to solve problem/scenario questions in Paper 2,3,4
Reply 1
Original post by Ayesha-Imdad
So I have always gotten an A or a B in a level law in school but these midterms I got an E which was unexpected. I have to take my grade to an A, and I give my exams in 3 months. Some people say that it is impossible to take my grade to an A and I'm feeling really defeated. The main things I'm struggling and need help with How to write an evaluation How to structure my essays How to solve problem/scenario questions in Paper 2,3,4

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling defeated but don't give up yet!!! I'm only a few months into my studying for law so I can offer limited advice but I have discovered a very interesting technique for completing evaluation questions. With evaluation, you should basically just look at comparing the advantages and disadvantages of either side and see which one's advantages outweigh the other's. Take Parliamentary Law making vs delegated legislation for example - compare the advantages and disadvantages of both, add some evidence/cases/statutes/examples etc and then decide which one has more positive things than negative -for me that would be delegated legislation.

That was a very complicated explanation but hopefully, you get what I'm trying to say - it may not work for you but I think it's definitely worth giving it a try.

I would also say maybe look at trying to find ways to reduce anxiety during exams/exam season because that may be an issue for you.

I wish you the best of luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest