The Student Room Group

Uni offers - law 2023

Hey, I sent my UCAS just before Christmas and I’ve got all my offers (conditional) back to study Law LLB
1. Cardiff AAA
2. Leicester AAB
3. Kent AAB
4. Surrey BBB
5. Royal Holloway BBB
My predicted grades are AAB and Cardiff is my first choice, I want to put Leicester as my second but I’m really worried I won’t achieve my predicted grades, should I put one of the BBB unis instead of just go with Leicester?
Reply 1
Original post by .Shushh
Hey, I sent my UCAS just before Christmas and I’ve got all my offers (conditional) back to study Law LLB
1. Cardiff AAA
2. Leicester AAB
3. Kent AAB
4. Surrey BBB
5. Royal Holloway BBB
My predicted grades are AAB and Cardiff is my first choice, I want to put Leicester as my second but I’m really worried I won’t achieve my predicted grades, should I put one of the BBB unis instead of just go with Leicester?

Believe in yourself!

Work hard and you’ll get the grades you want and secure your top choice.

All the best!
Original post by .Shushh
Hey, I sent my UCAS just before Christmas and I’ve got all my offers (conditional) back to study Law LLB1. Cardiff AAA2. Leicester AAB3. Kent AAB4. Surrey BBB5. Royal Holloway BBBMy predicted grades are AAB and Cardiff is my first choice, I want to put Leicester as my second but I’m really worried I won’t achieve my predicted grades, should I put one of the BBB unis instead of just go with Leicester?

I agree with believe in yourself & work hard however 2nd choice is your insurance choice.
My daughter also applied for Law LLB however her route in is via 2 BTECS (App Law & Psychology & 2 A'Levels History & Sociology). D*D*A B
1. Lancaster D A B
2. Sussex D A B or firm D B B
3. City UoL D B B or 120 ucas points
4. Goldsmiths D A B or D D A
5. Swansea D A B or firm D B B

Lancaster is her main and she has decided on London as insurance due to work placement connections not sure on City or Goldsmiths. She liked Goldsmiths based on few of their modules and the online Harvard Law course opportunity and City due to new Law school & modules they offer, the proximity to Law companies aswell as other avenues.
She also has a clearing back up plan, noted Uni's just incase.

So maybe look back at the BBB Uni's their modules and pros & cons of what they offer aswell as student feedback, cost of living etc. If you haven't visited looking at their YouTube Chanel or online tour. So you get a feel.

Its all daunting but you've got this, stay positive.
Good luck
Original post by .Shushh
1. Cardiff AAA
2. Leicester AAB
3. Kent AAB
4. Surrey BBB
5. Royal Holloway BBB

It depends a bit on how confident you feel about getting AAB. If you feel reasonably confident then I would Insure Leicester - the other unis you mention are fairly often in Clearing anyway so it is likely that at least one of them would be available to you in Clearing if you got BBB say.
Original post by .Shushh
1. Cardiff AAA
2. Leicester AAB
3. Kent AAB
4. Surrey BBB
5. Royal Holloway BBB

Hi there!

Congratulations on all you offers! We love to see Surrey on your list.

In terms of your firm and insurance choices, it's important to use your insurance choice as a 'back-up' in case you don't achieve the grades for your firm choice. Ideally, the insurance will require grades lower than your predicted, or at least lower than your firm choice, to give you that security. Although, do remember that universities will often be in clearing so if you don't achieve the AAA for Cardiff, nor the AAB for Leicester, you will likely be able to ring the others on results day to secure a place, as long as you meet the entry requirements.

I hope this helps and please do get in touch if you have further questions!

Best wishes,
Alice, Modern languages student
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi there!

Congratulations on all you offers! We love to see Surrey on your list.

In terms of your firm and insurance choices, it's important to use your insurance choice as a 'back-up' in case you don't achieve the grades for your firm choice. Ideally, the insurance will require grades lower than your predicted, or at least lower than your firm choice, to give you that security. Although, do remember that universities will often be in clearing so if you don't achieve the AAA for Cardiff, nor the AAB for Leicester, you will likely be able to ring the others on results day to secure a place, as long as you meet the entry requirements.

I hope this helps and please do get in touch if you have further questions!

Best wishes,

Alice, Modern languages student

I was under the impression once you have refused the 3, you are unable to reapply including clearing.
I’ve received offers from
Aston , essex, Leicester & Manchester met all for law but for nottingham I received an alternative offer for criminology.
Should I consider nottingham even though I want to pursue law in the future because I absolutely LOVE nottingham or shall I just choose law at a different uni. 🤔
Original post by bobthebuilder04
Aston , essex, Leicester & Manchester met all for law but for nottingham I received an alternative offer for criminology.
Should I consider nottingham even though I want to pursue law in the future because I absolutely LOVE nottingham or shall I just choose law at a different uni. 🤔

That’s uni of Nottingham? Go Leicester to do law imo. If you don’t want that then go Uni of Notts over the other unis.

That’s crazy because if that is Uni of Notts and they have given you an offer, what are your predicted grades?
Original post by .Shushh
1. Cardiff AAA
2. Leicester AAB
3. Kent AAB
4. Surrey BBB
5. Royal Holloway BBB

Do you have an EPQ?
Original post by LawStudent456
That’s uni of Nottingham? Go Leicester to do law imo. If you don’t want that then go Uni of Notts over the other unis.

That’s crazy because if that is Uni of Notts and they have given you an offer, what are your predicted grades?

Thanks for getting back to me, I was actually looking into Leicester as well. And yes it’s Uni of Notts.
My predicted was ABB so it makes sense why I didn’t get into law bc I was under the requirements. On some days I feel like I just go do law at another university but other days I feel like maybe I should take a risk and go do criminology bc it seems so interesting and then do a conversion or sqe to go into law.
Thanks for getting back to me, I was actually looking into Leicester as well. And yes it’s Uni of Notts.
My predicted was ABB so it makes sense why I didn’t get into law bc I was under the requirements. On some days I feel like I just go do law at another university but other days I feel like maybe I should take a risk and go do criminology bc it seems so interesting and then do a conversion or sqe to go into law.

If you would actually enjoy and would like to do a criminology degree then do it. But don’t just pick it because it’s the best uni.

No one wants to do a law degree at Man Met lol.
Yeahh, I wasn’t planning to go man Met but it was a back up just incase lol.

I’m still just wondering if it’ll be worth it because idk if it’ll affect me still pursuing law. Like will it still be the same after I did a conversion or the SQE exams as if I did a law degree. And I also don’t know whether SQE or a conversion and then LPC is better.
Original post by .Shushh
1. Cardiff AAA
2. Leicester AAB
3. Kent AAB
4. Surrey BBB
5. Royal Holloway BBB

Hi there

Congratulations on getting your offers! It's great to see Kent on your list :biggrin: If you have any questions about uni life or Kent the please let me know. My advice for which uni to firm is to go for the one that feels right even if it's an aspirational goal. You should make sure that your insurance is achievable in case you don't get into your firm uni. However, if you miss both or change your mind on which uni you want to go to then there is always the option of going through clearing. Best of luck with your decision!

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Hi there!

You can absolutely reapply for a course through clearing that you previously rejected :smile:

If you have any questions about Surrey or university life, please do get in touch!

Best wishes,
Alice
Final Year Modern Languages Student

Original post by FirstGenMum72
I was under the impression once you have refused the 3, you are unable to reapply including clearing.
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi there!

You can absolutely reapply for a course through clearing that you previously rejected

If you have any questions about Surrey or university life, please do get in touch!

Best wishes,AliceFinal Year Modern Languages

Thank you for your reply

Thanpretated

hi @bobthebuilder04

Congratulations on recieiving an offer from us and your other choices!

Carly :smile:
I have received an offer to study Law at Nottingham. My offer is contextual, so my requirements are ABB.
I sent my application a week before the UCAS deadline.
I applied for:
Durham (no offer as of yet)
UCL(no offer as of yet)
Sheffield- offer! = AAA- AAB with A in EPQ
Exeter- offer! =ABB
Leicester- I applied for foundation year in Computer Science. I received to offers. 1. Foundation year in Computer Science CCC and C in EPQ or 2. 1st year computer science BBB with a C in EPQ.
I’m aiming for Exeter as that is the university I always wanted to go to, but I am still considering computer science at Leicester.
The A-Levels I take: Sociology, English Literature, Geography and EPQ
I was predicted AAA with a B in EPQ. However, I am aiming for an AAB( B big Geography). And a B in EPQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending