Who the hell buys from Jack Wills?

Watch
Eragon452
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by chelski)
I have one Jack Wills hoodie... which I brought because I LIKE IT, and NOT because of the name. Infact, it doesn't even have Jack Wills visible on it.

It is the most comfortable hoodie I have ever had in my life and i LOVE it

Oh and by the way, I didn't pay a ridiculous amount for it... I got it in an outlet... for £40
I can't say I'd pay £40 for a hoodie.
Arteta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I buy it. Awesome brand.
Ed.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd rather go to primark, there are far better things for me to spend money on (well drink !) Plus I don't like it one bit...
SuicidalLemming
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've got some Jack Wills hoodies. Mainly coz my friend works there and gets 75% off, and she lets me use her discount lol.
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not really fond of the clothing tbh.
Georgie_Mc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I buy stuff from there.
If i really like it though
not for the name or the image.(& from the outlet store)

Tbh, its the same with all of my clothes, if its something i really like, i dont mind paying more for it. Especially if its good quality like JW, cos it will last for ages.

& JW is hardly the most expensive make.
Tory Dan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its quite expensive, a girl I know blew half her student loan this term on buying Jack Wills stuff and she isn't even that rah!
thatsjustit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Meh I feel they have gone downhill, not that they were amazing originally. I was at the Bicester (outlet...) shop recently, it was utter ****, I walked in and straight out again, all vests/hoodies/sweatpant rubbish made out awful quality material (more rubbish than usual). No detailing in anything, except a bit of lace here and there. Their new catalogue/Christmas collection is pure **** too, and actually pretty ugly. I wanted the cords in the new collection as I cant find any with a similar fit, but they are £89. Huh.
username186742
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do we really need to judge people on what clothes they wear? In the grand scheme of things does it really matter?
Not my style but hey if you want to wear it, then wear if you dont the dont
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I dislike JW not so much for the price - I mean I love Karen Millen and had I the money (or lived in the US), I would certainly buy Ralph Lauren stuff. However, I just find it all incredibly uninspiring. The tees they have listed as 'fashion tops' are the sorts of things I'd wear bumming around the house. I'm not oen to follow fashion but there's nothing even particulalrly stylish or feminine about their clothes. Some of their menswear is quite nice but if you're planning on spending taht kind of money, I think RL is a far better choice.
I agree with you there, I do like JW but there's a time and a place for it i.e. girls that wear JW joggers everywhere should be shot on the basis that they look like absolute clones. IMO, it's alright lazing about or for lazy days, but I've no desire to wear joggers and hoodies into town every Saturday as that's not stylish to me.

I do however love the shirts, I normally buy from the shirts, hoodies, t-shirts and joggers but that's it (with a few other bits here and there). I think the menswear is nice, especially the shirts.
For those that are complaining about people wearing JW at uni, wise up. If you're semi awake and pretty hungover with only 10 minutes to get ready for a lecture you're going to pull on something comfy, and if it's JW then so be it, however I do see peoples points of view when they say it's everywhere, as it is.
chloecouture
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hate threads like this.
Teigan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I dislike JW not so much for the price - I mean I love Karen Millen and had I the money (or lived in the US), I would certainly buy Ralph Lauren stuff. However, I just find it all incredibly uninspiring. The tees they have listed as 'fashion tops' are the sorts of things I'd wear bumming around the house. I'm not oen to follow fashion but there's nothing even particulalrly stylish or feminine about their clothes. Some of their menswear is quite nice but if you're planning on spending taht kind of money, I think RL is a far better choice.
Yep. That's my problem with it too, I'm not going to pay £50 for trousers I would wear lounging around the house or at the gym. I prefer to look quite 'put togther' so jumpers, sweatpants and uggs aren't the sort of thing I'd wear outside of my house. Some of their shirts are quite nice though.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by chloecouture)
I hate threads like this.
There are way too many.

Should make a general I hate "x" thread.
scout123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i've got a few hoodies, and some of the tracksuit bottoms (strictly for inside the house) but i could never justify spending £40 on a pair of socks, its absolutely ridiculous. I do like a lot of the stuff, and if i had the money then i would buy a lot more, but i think people must be plain stupid to think that £40 is a good price for a hot water bottle cover.
Turdburger
Report 11 years ago
Ive got a huddy. 35 pounds. A nice huddy, good quality so worth it. I wouldnt pay 60-70 for it though
xwoopwoopx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My brothers gf has a few things from there. I looked through the catalogue as id never heard of them and saw a nice hoody then saw the price! Hoody wasn't that special!
Brighten
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Am I the only person who has never seen or heard of Jack Wills outside of this forum?
Hannah_x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The majority of people who go to my school :sad:
I'm permenantly scarred by the number of those bloody hoodies I have to see every day.
x
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^^^
Kinda hard to put this. No hate, but...

People won't admit it, but it's usually because a lot of people don't really like those who constantly buy into certain brands because of the attitude that usually accompanies it (pretentious, arrogant, whatever, idk), not the actual clothing itself. They associate that personality with that brand and end up hating on it.

It's like the opposite end of the scale to why people take the piss out of chavs for what they wear.

And it being somewhat overpriced for the quality/materials used, brands like 7 for all Mankind and True Religion are also guilty of this. I'm not a fan of Jack Wills though, they have some nice pieces, but not everything goes with my aesthetic and the quality of clothing isn't worth the price.

Some people can't imagine spending a lot of money on clothes. Like when I tell my friends whow much a plain, white, unbranded pair of trainers cost me, or something like a Dior Homo scarf they go mental. Some of them prefer heavily branded stuff and don't see why I pay that much for something you can't recognise, others find it ridiculous spending that much money in the first place. I don't really mind, I'm happy with my clothes and that's all that matters.

Some people are always going to get pissy about what they see as overspending, leave them to it.

Different people, different strokes.
hiyaguys
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i love jack wills, though i don't buy much due to the prices.
and i like it because it fits my style, not anyone elses.
if only jack wills would have a 90% sale
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (61)
62.89%
No (18)
18.56%
Not sure (18)
18.56%

Watched Threads