The Student Room Group

Who the hell buys from Jack Wills?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Doodahdoo

And wow, I had no idea there were so many complete idiots on this forum! Shiiiiit, people have different dress sense?! No way. I thought everybody loved the same clothes, which is why there are only like three shops out there.

:eyeroll:

haaaaaaaaaaahahhahahaha
StotheL
IMO, it's alright lazing about or for lazy days.

What's the point in spending a fortune on something for "lazing about" in?
every ****** at durham shops there. 1 coat from there would iradicate the rest of my student loan for the term
Because it is nice?
CheesyBeans
What's the point in spending a fortune on something for "lazing about" in?

I am richer than you?

Spoiler

Reply 65
What irritates me about Jack Wills isn't the prices (there are plenty of other brands are just as bad, if not worse), it's the whole "lifestyle" thing they've got going on, and the fact that people are buying into that rather than just buying clothes because they like them.

I mean, every designer will have a target market in mind, but really, to tell their customers what kind of music to listen to and what books to read (not to mention trying to associate themselves with particular academic establishments) is taking it too far.
I buy it because I like it. I'm not anything like the stereotypical JW wearer, it's my money, no, really, it's mine and not Daddy's, and therefore I choose to do what I want with it.
Reply 67
I love Jack Wills, sure its expensive, but its comfy, classy and cute.

& I pay for it out my wages that I earn at weekends, ALL my OWN money.

But, I need some fellow Jack Wills friends...nobody I know is willing to pay the sort of money for JW Clothes even though they are always complimenting mine. If you like Jack Wills...message me =) xxx
Reply 68
It's criminal, yes.

But I don't mind the price, but the clothes are, in a simple way of putting it: :puke: :p:
All at once
"Because it's sooooooooo comfy"

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

I've bought bits from JW in the past, and it's not so bad if the logo's discreet. But for the most part it's a status symbol, nothing else.

:yep: yup

I don't understand why people wear the hoodies with the fake lacrosse team prints on them. You don't play lacrosse! You're not in that league!! that's not your team!!
Reply 70
shelovesJW
I love Jack Wills, sure its expensive, but its comfy, classy and cute.

i totally agree, their clothes are cool, you don't need to own a whole wardrobe and be a Raaaahhh to like them. I save up for pieces with my own money you are always gooing to get rich people but if you like the clothes then why not buy them!!....
I think peopel should be allowed to wear what they want and not get judged.
makinghistory
:yep: yup

I don't understand why people wear the hoodies with the fake lacrosse team prints on them. You don't play lacrosse! You're not in that league!! that's not your team!!

So true. Why pay £60 for a hoodie when a Post-It note with 'Desperately wishing I went to private school' stuck to your forehead costs nothing and has the same affect :confused:
OMG you're not smurfette!

You may as well wear a post-it note saying 'I look like a Topshop clone!' and save the £18.
Reply 73
I'm working class, through and through, state-schooled education etc and I have a Jack Wills hoody. It was £50, quite expensive but it has lasted a long time and it is a good fit.

But here at Warwick, alot of people are plastered in Wills clothes. I had a browse online the other day and nothing took my fancy, looked rather plain and drab.

I quite like the look of Superdry clothes now but uni people are covered head to toe in that too. In fact it seems that in my university everybody either wears a) Jack Wills, b) Superdry, c) Uggs and d) Kath Kidston bags galore!!!!!!!
Reply 75

i love all those, i;d buy them all for my bf if i could afford it! i really want to get him the burgundy version of the bunwell hoodie for xmas but its so expensive
Reply 76
Jesus Christ I'm about £4k in debt with various overdrafts and dropping out of uni meaning I owe them fees, but it's taking so much effort not to take the credit card out of my wallet lol
Reply 77
Joist
Jesus Christ I'm about £4k in debt with various overdrafts and dropping out of uni meaning I owe them fees, but it's taking so much effort not to take the credit card out of my wallet lol

you could always just buy yourself one at a time! :biggrin:

or bung a million items onto a christmas list and email it to the parents like i have :p:
Reply 78
Lol my Mum would actually pass out if she saw a £140 hoodie let alone knew I wanted it/was going to buy it.

Might have to get the hoodie and the white shirt...£200 on the credit card but interest free for 56 days...that's do-able isn't it?? :smile:
Reply 79
Joist
Lol my Mum would actually pass out if she saw a £140 hoodie let alone knew I wanted it/was going to buy it.

Might have to get the hoodie and the white shirt...£200 on the credit card but interest free for 56 days...that's do-able isn't it?? :smile:

If you think it's wise!! haha. I'm not advocating getting into debt to buy Jack Wills stuff...but i've done it too :wink: I'm probably the worst person you could be talking to about it to be honest. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending