Who the hell buys from Jack Wills?

Watch
Joist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol I'm already about 4k in debt so I'm struggling to care about another £200! In fact I've just realised my Natwest credit card is interest free for my first 6 months...Lol dear me
Joist
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...4363&Gender=10

http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...4337&Gender=10

Just ordered those two, I quite possibly have some sort of problem.
kinkajou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahh i love those items loads Worth it
All at once
Badges: 10
Report 11 years ago
The creators of Jack Wills are absolute geniuses.
bansheeee*
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've never bought a branded name clothes in my life..i don't know why! i can only name a few ..ralph lauren ,adidas? does american apparel count ? cos I have a top from there. Although maybe spending money on well made clothes(which they are obviously becuase of the price) isn't a bad thing because it will prob last longer ,and thus savng money in the long run\
mlaar
Report 11 years ago
Does anyone know when their sale is likely begin because I'd like to get some stuff, but don't really want to buy it two days before they lop 30% off of the price. Thanks!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My Mum just bought me an early Christmas present...

http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...=4521&Gender=9

kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)

that's so cute hopefully you'll get the gloves and scarf to match at christmas :p:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by .x.jen.x.)
that's so cute hopefully you'll get the gloves and scarf to match at christmas :p:
hehe, i hadn't thought of that! normally i get stuff from the outlet in Portsmouth so this is the first thing I've had full price so it's a big treat! Maybe in the sale I'll get the scarf and gloves...after all, I can't see it going out of fashion next season.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Go to Fat face if you can't afford Jack
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hehe, i hadn't thought of that! normally i get stuff from the outlet in Portsmouth so this is the first thing I've had full price so it's a big treat! Maybe in the sale I'll get the scarf and gloves...after all, I can't see it going out of fashion next season.

oooh i forgot about the sale! i wonder when it will start. i wish i had an outlet store near me!! soo lucky
Joist
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The shirt I ordered has been shipped today, will be here in time for Friday night weeeeeeeeeeeee
shelovesJW
Report 11 years ago

Cute!! I'm getting a JW Gilet in Navy for Christmas. What do you think about it?!
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shelovesJW)
Cute!! I'm getting a JW Gilet in Navy for Christmas. What do you think about it?!

Heh, I want one of those too. I'm so tempted...
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shelovesJW)
http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...0GILET&Gender=

this one? It's lovely (though to be honest, the whole catalogue is!) I especially like the fact it has a hood!
Jangrafess
Badges: 18
Report 11 years ago
http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...0GILET&Gender=

this one? It's lovely (though to be honest, the whole catalogue is!) I especially like the fact it has a hood!
Ninety of my Great British pounds?
Ross_j
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
not trying to be offensive but to me theres reason to wear jack wills except the 'sheep' mentality. there is nothing new or innovative about the clothing. tries to reflect a lifestyle but really doesnt. dont see the point.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ross_j)
not trying to be offensive but to me theres reason to wear jack wills except the 'sheep' mentality. there is nothing new or innovative about the clothing. tries to reflect a lifestyle but really doesnt. dont see the point.

I see where you're coming from, but to be fair if you want comfier stuff to wear on a daily basis then i don't think there's the necessity for the clothes to be "new" nor "innovative". I only own a few Jack Wills items and i don't think unless i told you that you'd know they're from Jack Wills. They don't obviously display the logo, but the things i have are just so practical to wear on a daily basis. I just think they're good quality casual clothes.
Ross_j
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if it was a case of comfort then people would get gilets from uniqlo and sweats, tracksuit bottoms etc. from american apparel because of better fit and cheaper, so its obviously about what the clothing represents. im totally into labels and im not someone to go on about not buying jack wills because of the price, its just how mundane the clothing is.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ross_j)
if it was a case of comfort then people would get gilets from uniqlo and sweats, tracksuit bottoms etc. from american apparel because of better fit and cheaper, so its obviously about what the clothing represents. im totally into labels and im not someone to go on about not buying jack wills because of the price, its just how mundane the clothing is.

I didn't think american apparel even had stores?...at least they don't anywhere near where i live. And i prefer to go in and try my stuff on before i buy. Plus i don't even know what Uniqlo is. Anyway it was all from a personal perspective....i originally went in to buy a pair of skinny cords which were what i'd been looking for for ages...and literally were not on sale anywhere else in the colour i wanted...soo i found them, they fit perfectly so i bought them..at the same time i saw the perfect coat...and then while i was there bought a hoodie and a dress/top...it was never "OHH im going to jack wills today..because it's jack wills!" but having bought a few items and discovering how comfy they are i'd defo re-buy now i know they're good quality and fit me perfectly. But they're just my personal motives for shopping there for a few casual items. I don't kit myself out in JW stuff all day every day, but at 8am to go to a 3 hour lecture, i have no qualms about pulling on my jw hoodie or something and feeling comfy.

Obviously i can't speak for everyone, and it's clear there's a huge market of people who buy jack wills for jack wills...but i honestly believe it was the *only* place in Chester that had the type of stuff i wanted, with decent quality.

I do agree with you, to an extent, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (61)
62.89%
No (18)
18.56%
Not sure (18)
18.56%

Watched Threads