Is Nike considered Chavy? Watch

kinglrb
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was wondering do people consider Nike to be chavy? I am not talking about the track suit pants because they're quitr chavy but I mean like your normal Nike t-shirt something like this:
http://www.jdsports.co.uk/webapp/wcs..._147581_-1_men

Or:
http://www.jdsports.co.uk/webapp/wcs..._156670_-1_men
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stuff like that - not so much.
But, Nike is just generally associated with Chavs.
ChosenOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're asking because you want to know if it 'ok' for you to wear it. Pretty sad really, if you like the clothes just wear it.

Personally I don't like any of those 2 stuff you've just posted.
Oladz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its certain types of garments that are chavy IMO rather than whole brands (im quite sporty so this might be part of it ) the first one was fine, i dont think chavs would realy wear something like that, or the one below either
Dark Sun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just do it
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anything from JD sports is, and nike especially.
although the shirt dont look too chavvy
kinglrb
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChosenOne)
You're asking because you want to know if it 'ok' for you to wear it. Pretty sad really, if you like the clothes just wear it.

Personally I don't like any of those 2 stuff you've just posted.
Mate I wear Nike and am not going to run right now and through away anything that is nike in the bin because of people in a forum. I was talking about this with a mate today and we had a discussion about it and I was wondering what other people thought.
hairychimpanzee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not so much chavvy, more nasty looking, would you buy the same sort of top and body warmer if they were from primark?
Oladz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i would be inclined to disagree that ANYTHING from JD is chavy, and out of interest, way are black people very rarely classed as chavs (from what ive seen personally)
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Oladz)
i would be inclined to disagree that ANYTHING from JD is chavy, and out of interest, way are black people very rarely classed as chavs (from what ive seen personally)
but generally im right.
Owl1867
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Oladz)
cuz they is gangstas innit :yep:
*AllyBaba
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ew Nike reeks of chav.
kinglrb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oladz)
Yeah same, I am quite sporty so I do get some stuff from JD sports but overall it's pretty chavy with some exceptions. Black people are usually classed as chavs if they're actually chavs where I'm from.
Mr Roboto
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
whats a chavy? :cool:

Srsly though, who cares? As long as you're not acting like you have an ASBO, I don't see the problem.
kinglrb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Roboto)
whats a chavy? :cool:

Srsly though, who cares? As long as you're not acting like you have an ASBO, I don't see the problem.
Just a discussion
Castelbajac
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That gilet is just pure fail.

Don't go anywhere near it.
GeorgEGNT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends what Nike products you are wearing and how you are wearing them. I'm sure you're in no trouble with looking chavvy in Nike.
foundintransmission
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why would you pay £50 for a gilet? :eek: My mum forced me to wear one for some trip once when I was little, I think they're horrible. Nothing wrong with that top though. I think some things Nike do are chavy but my boyfriend wears nike trainers and they're really nice, I think it depends what you wear them with tbh
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dressing head to toe in nike is going to make you look like a bit of a prick tbh, wearing nike when you are actually doing sport ect is generally ok.

I think the womens nike stuff is worse, why do they think we all want neon pink clothes?
Oladz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
go to tk maxx and look through the casual wear section, the nike stuff there is amusing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (518)
80.56%
Leave (125)
19.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed