The Student Room Group

Trying to sell gaming account on ebay

I’m selling a gaming account on ebay, apparently if the buyer asks for a chargeback , they’ll get their money back?
Probably. The kind of person that would buy it is a cheat yea?
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Probably. The kind of person that would buy it is a cheat yea?

Yeah but would I be covered if they tried to say I scammed them by giving them fake logins or whatnot
Original post by Mohhhha
Yeah but would I be covered if they tried to say I scammed them by giving them fake logins or whatnot

Dunno, Does Ebay permit selling such things? They would likely take the buyers side if not.
Two things:

(1) As @StriderHort points out, eBay might not allow you to sell gaming accounts on their platform

(2) Does the gaming platform itself allow accounts to be sold at all?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
Two things:

(1) As @StriderHort points out, eBay might not allow you to sell gaming accounts on their platform

(2) Does the gaming platform itself allow accounts to be sold at all?

Nope and nope. However, I wanted to see whether eBay would chargeback a buyer if he claims he didn’t receive his digital goods
Original post by Mohhhha
Nope and nope. However, I wanted to see whether eBay would chargeback a buyer if he claims he didn’t receive his digital goods

I cant be sure about chargeback, that would depend how they paid and their own bank. But ebay would almost cer
tainly take the buyers side in terms of refund and you obv would have likely lost the account.
Reply 7
Original post by Mohhhha

eBay usually protects the buyer over the seller.

If you could prove the goods were successfully delivered then you might be alright.
Original post by Quady
eBay usually protects the buyer over the seller.

If you could prove the goods were successfully delivered then you might be alright.

What if the sale broke terms tho? What if the buyer logs in, changes the password then claims the login they were sold is bogus/not delivered?
Original post by Mohhhha
I’m selling a gaming account on ebay, apparently if the buyer asks for a chargeback , they’ll get their money back?

what game?
Reply 10
Original post by StriderHort
What if the sale broke terms tho? What if the buyer logs in, changes the password then claims the login they were sold is bogus/not delivered?

Well if the sale broke the terms I'd expect a ban.

In that scenario the OP would need to prove successful delivery. I didn't mean to suggest that'd be easy.
Reply 11
Original post by Mohhhha

You don't own the account and have no right to sell it. Ebay will refund the buyer and ban you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending