A first motorbike/ped.. Watch

Sparxy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey..

So I was just seeing how stupidly high car insurance prices are, and I've always had a bit of interest in motorbikes..

Was wondering what a good first motorbike would be for a first-timer? I dislike the look of peds, but I like the ones that look like actual 'motorbikes' but aren't.. If you get me.. :p:

My friend has one, that's all I know.. I'm clued up on cars a fair bit, but I don't really know anything when it comes to motorbikes.. :o:

Basicly, I'm just asking for some suggestions for a motorbike or whatever that doesn't have the style of a 'ped'.. I like the sorta sporty/stylish looking ones.. :o:

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated!
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How old are you as that effects what you can get. If your 17, get a motorbike licence, if less your on a ped.

What are you going to use it for? as a 125cc will not do motorways, you'll want a 400cc plus for that.

For a 125 motorbike i would suggest something like a suzuki ybr, or honda has several
PhilMc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you are only looking for a 50cc then may I recommend the Derbi Senda. My brother has one of these as he's still 16 at the minute and that thing takes some abuse and still gets great MPG and is cheap to insure + Tax etc.]

My mum and dad have a bike each too, mum has a nice wee 125, honda I think.. so that's another option if your 17. Dad's is a 650 and scary LOL
mr_cool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a TS50X when 16 was great and cheap to run. If you are 17 you can ride a 125cc bike on a CBT. You could also go for the test

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads