The Student Room Group

dont have maths(required subject) for a course i wanted

they switched my option to a foundation course but i don't want to spend 5 years in university, now ill have to wait for clearing but idk whether they'll even consider me as I don't have a maths a level, do you think they'll still accept me?
btw i applied for a product design course
Original post by goldenhally
they switched my option to a foundation course but i don't want to spend 5 years in university, now ill have to wait for clearing but idk whether they'll even consider me as I don't have a maths a level, do you think they'll still accept me?

Who are 'they'? Are there altternative universities you could look at?
Original post by Muttley79
Who are 'they'? Are there altternative universities you could look at?

university of Nottingham and Loughborough
yes but i wanted to go Nottingham or Loughborough as they're closer to where i live atm
(edited 1 year ago)
university of Nottingham and Loughborough
yes but i wanted to go Nottingham or Loughborough as they're closer to where i live atm

They won't if Maths is 'required'.
If they want Maths A level they will still want it at Clearing.

Have you considered Loughborough's Industrial Design Course. They will both lead to very similar job opportunities, and are both very much intertwined.
Reply 6

The reason they require Maths is that some of the modules are heavy in Maths. The expectation therefore is that a student who did not pass A level Maths would struggle on these modules. The foundation year is to bring you up to the level that you should be at to start the full degree. They will not remove the requirement for Maths as they see it as a necessity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending