The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

uni

I’m confused whether i should go to lancaster uni or nottingham trent for psychology i know about lancaster but i don’t know how the area in nottingham is
Original post by Anonymous
I’m confused whether i should go to lancaster uni or nottingham trent for psychology i know about lancaster but i don’t know how the area in nottingham is

Hi There! :smile: My name is Aimee and I am a third year criminology and criminal behaviour student.
To help you with your decision, I would take a look at your two chosen universities. Maybe have a campus tour to get a feel for the university and also a city tour if possible. City tours will tell you all the information you need to know and should help you make your decision.
Also for psychology check the modules that both universities offer, they may differ to each other if that makes sense.
Take care,
Aimee xox
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

My daughter studies physics at Lancaster and I live in Nottinghamshire and know Nottingham trent, the tram goes through there every time I want to go into the city. Comparitively Nottingham is bigger than Lancaster. But both citites will have all you need when it comes down to little cafes, greggs, primark, jd sports that kinda of thing. Nottinghams nightlife there are more clubs, but Lancaster still has 3, and also has copious amount of bars too.
Nottingham trent uni is split over two campus. City and Clifton campus. Psychology will be on city campus, and you will know your in the city. The tram runs through city campus, then the next stop is 'royal centre' where the theatre royal, cornerhouse (worth googling) and royal concert hall is and closest access to victoria centre shopping center. Following tram stop is 'old market square' and this is where more shops are, the old square and the council building and access to the pavement cafes are in an area called 'hockley'. next stop after that is a lace market which is the top of hockley region and also access the art exhibition centre and caves. Prior to the stop at trent uni, theres an area called the forest and a lot of students tend to live there, as well as city centre.
So if your comparing Lancaster to Nottingham trent, Nottingham is definitely a city uni for sure.
At Lancaster a lot of students including my daughter lived in the city in second year and third year. Some can live back on campus, but a lot lke to live in the city as its close to the bars, cafes etc and short walks to sainsburys, iceland and aldi and poundland. for 4th years shes at chancellors wharf which is uni owned accommodation in the city.

If your courses are like for like and uni facilities like for like, then think about where you are going to live. If you feel a big city uni might be a bit overwhelming living in then go for Lancaster, and vice versa if you thrive in a big city location.
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi 👋

If you're looking for a vibrant, diverse and affordable city that offers students a great place to live, study and enjoy their time Nottingham's definitely one to consider 😀

It's been ranked as one of the world's top student destinations (QS Best Student Cities Index 2022) and is also one of the most affordable student cities in the UK. The city offers a wide variety of activities from exploring historical buildings and museums to gigs at Rock City and Motorpoint Arena. It's a very green city, with many parks and nature reserves, such as Wollaton Park and the Arboretum. Nottingham is also extremely well-connected to other parts of the UK, with good road, rail and air links.

If you want to find out more about what it's like to study in Nottingham, I'd recommend taking a look at our Nottingham pages.

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest