The Student Room Group

Does anybody know if we can reuse our personal statements?

Ucas deadline coming up soon, I haven’t managed to draft a new personal statement for this years admissions and was wondering if I can reuse my old one. I heard it might be self plagiarism but have heard others have used it and it hasn’t been the case?
Original post by J3ss234
Ucas deadline coming up soon, I haven’t managed to draft a new personal statement for this years admissions and was wondering if I can reuse my old one. I heard it might be self plagiarism but have heard others have used it and it hasn’t been the case?

Yes, you can reuse the PS. It's not self-plagiarism in this context. UCAS will see that you're the same applicant and won't flag to your choices.
Original post by J3ss234

As @Admit-One says, it's not a problem.

Here's a quote from UCAS:

<begin quote>
Your current personal statement will not routinely be matched with your previous personal statement. We carefully check if you have applied before and will stop your new personal statement being reported.

However, if you have applied again in a different name, and you believe you have received a similarity report in error, please let us know.
<end quote>

(emphasis in original) from: https://www.ucas.com/faqs/i-applied-last-year-so-have-similarities-been-found-because-i-reused-my-previous-personal-statement
Reply 3
Cool so to make sure i have a the same student number and ucas id, i would have to go on my ucas hub and then click add application and click for 2023 yes?
Original post by J3ss234
Cool so to make sure i have a the same student number and ucas id, i would have to go on my ucas hub and then click add application and click for 2023 yes?

Yes, if you have an account from last year you can just add a new application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending