The Student Room Group

Its going so well with the guy I met at a club in October 2022 and still dating him

Hi, so when I went for a girls night out in my uni city I met a guy that was with his friend who didn't want to dance, so he joined me and my friend on the dance floor after we locked eyes and he was into me. He was so different than the typical guys you meet at clubs who are just there for sex and hookups. He didn't make a move on me that night, just danced and talked and bought me drinks and then got my number at the end. We went out for a date the next day. Even then it was just a peck on the cheek. He was a sweet guy too. We have been seeing eachother since and still are. He is so sweet and caring and really understanding guy that understands my busy final year schedule and is always making sure i'm happy and comfortable with everything. It's hard to find guys like this nowadays. I'm a bit confused as I'm not sure what i want to do. I enjoy the time with him, but I just don't see a future with him so I don't want to waste my time. I'm not sure if I should continue seeing him or not. I also feel bad as he really liked me and looked really sad when another guy almost hijacked to almost whisk me away at the club.
He sounds like an "old-school" gentleman type... and yes, in this world of fast living, instant gratification etc. they're truly a rare breed nowadays. Having said that, they're not for everyone (although there are plenty of girls who would kill for a guy like that).

Obviously there must be some attraction towards him, but with these encounters, timing plays a big part in whether or not anything will develop. It's often said that you don't necessarily marry the person you're most in love with... but who you're with when you're ready to settle down. It's blatantly clear he's not going to be that sex-god who'll take you to heaven and back, but he could well be a great father to any children and a dedicated family man. Also, some girls (probably due to their own issues) push decent guys away from them for various reasons (e.g. "too good to be true", "I don't deserve this guy" etc.).

I think you need to really have a good hard think about what you want right now... do you want fun and exciting times, or a stable dependable long-term partner? It's been over 3 months since you started seeing him, so you should have an idea of what you want and whether you'll get it from him (TBH, it sounds like you've made your mind up and are just looking for confirmation? )... but bear in mind, as you said, guys like this are pretty rare, so you may not get another chance.

Anyways, good luck and hope it works out :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It's hard to find guys like this nowadays.

I'm a bit confused as I'm not sure what i want to do. I enjoy the time with him, but I just don't see a future with him

So what's not to like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending