The Student Room Group

Assessment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DataVenia
Do you know whether this particular module is classed as Compulsory, Core or Option? According to paragraph 5.4 in the regulations:

"Compulsory
the module must be successfully completed (i.e., a pass grade attained) in order to gain the intended award.

Core
the module is one of a group of modules where a specified number of modules from the group must be successfully completed in order to gain the intended award.

Option
the module is optional, but counts towards the specified number of modules that must be taken from the course map in order to gain the intended award"

So if this is a compulsory module, then it must be successfully completed in order for you to graduate. If it's core or an option, then there might be an opportunity to take a different module instead (as it's a given number of such modules which must be passed to graduate).

Given that this if your final year, it's unlikely to be a compulsory module. But would you really prefer to take a completely different module (even if that option were available) rather than be reassessed on the module you opted for in the first place?

It’s just one of the modules I choose, I just meant like is there any chance I’ll get kicked out if i fail it? Thank you x
Original post by Aliv.ad
It’s just one of the modules I choose, I just meant like is there any chance I’ll get kicked out if i fail it? Thank you x

Not if you fail it once, no. If you fail it a second time (i.e. the reassessment) then yes. (Well, they won't kick you out as it's your final year - you just won't graduate with the degree you'd hoped for. You might get an exit award instead.)
Reply 22
Thank you, I’m just so scared and nervous 😞

Quick Reply

Latest