The Student Room Group

Parents demotivating me from revision

What should I do? They say I wont do well and I revise 3-4 hours everyday. I am determined and motivated and am currently doing GCSE's.
you are doing your best so don't listen to them, just keep going and do what you think is best for you. good luck for your exams! :smile:
Original post by lil050820
you are doing your best so don't listen to them, just keep going and do what you think is best for you. good luck for your exams! :smile:

I got my GCSE mock results today and got:

Maths - 7
English Language - 6
English Literature - 6
Science Combined - 8,8
History - 7
Geography - 8
Business Studies - 7
Computer Science - 5
Sport Science - M2
Original post by propergoodman
I got my GCSE mock results today and got:

Maths - 7
English Language - 6
English Literature - 6
Science Combined - 8,8
History - 7
Geography - 8
Business Studies - 7
Computer Science - 5
Sport Science - M2

well done!!
What should I do? They say I wont do well and I revise 3-4 hours everyday. I am determined and motivated and am currently doing GCSE's.

Tell them how their negativity is affecting you. You are doing well. It might be their way of pushing you even more.. Good luck with your exams and keep going :smile:
Original post by Kutie Karen
Tell them how their negativity is affecting you. You are doing well. It might be their way of pushing you even more.. Good luck with your exams and keep going :smile:

Thanks Alot!
Original post by Kutie Karen

If you look at my grades above, do you think I could get straight 9's? (in may/june)
(edited 1 year ago)
If you look at my grades above, do you think I could get straight 9's? (in may/june)

I think anything is possible and you do sound very hardworking and motivated . have you spoken to your parents yet?

Keep going! 3 to 4 hours a day will prevent you from burning out. Do what's best for you and get the results you want for your future and not to please your parents :smile:
For Computer Science I definitely recommend using Craig'n'Dave's youtube channel to add to your learning since they follow every point in the spec, and also they have a website called smart revise where you can answer loads of exam style questions, quiz, term definitions for your CS GCSE.
(edited 1 year ago)
looking at ur grades they're pretty good it's definitely better than my predicted gcses from quarantine lol i got 5s on everything and i couldn't do comp science for a level because of my grades hahah. do they even know ur getting these grades?! but to answer the q i mean unless they're like interrupting ur revsion time, just take their words and throw them out the other ear. U GOT THIS!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by alanb21
For Computer Science I definitely recommend using Craig'n'Dave's youtube channel to add to your learning since they follow every point in the spec, and also they have a website called smart revise where you can answer loads of exam style questions, quiz, term definitions for your CS GCSE.

Cheers!
Original post by PeltKatsudon
looking at ur grades they're pretty good it's definitely better than my predicted gcses from quarantine lol i got 5s on everything and i couldn't do comp science for a level because of my grades hahah. do they even know ur getting these grades?! but to answer the q i mean unless they're like interrupting ur revsion time, just take their words and throw them out the other ear. U GOT THIS!!

Thanks alot :smile:
Original post by alanb21

are there any other websites to practice exam questions, smart revise u have to payf or it as the trial is limited
Original post by Rafee Chowdhury
are there any other websites to practice exam questions, smart revise u have to payf or it as the trial is limited

Even though smart revise is a paid service I still strongly recommend it, it saves you tens of hours making flash cards and is great for revising where ever you are. If you could ask your parents to invest a bit into your education by paying for smart revise it would definitely make your grades go up a lot if you take good advantage of it. Definitely worth the 6.50-15.60 pounds depending what year you're in. Make sure you make use of their youtube videos on criagndave channel which is free and covers every point on the spec.

Other alternatives are physicsandmathstutor which have notes, flash cards, exam style questions and past papers for all sciences subjects including computer science which is amazing. Isaac Computer Science is also a government funded service which has amazing computer science resources too.

Also if you need help with maths I recommend Bicen Maths GCSE on youtube.

Quick Reply

Latest