The Student Room Group

Vocabulary to learn for AQA GCSE Modern Foregin Languages

On the GCSE AQA Higher language books, some vocab is in grey, and some in black. I found out that the grey vocabulary is necessary and part of the spec. What I don't get is why the black vocab is there, how important it is etc. Thanks
IMO, you can't get above a grade 7 if you're just learning the "necessary vocab" when it comes to GCSE MFL (I've done 4, for reference) - learn it all, it'll take you a little longer, but you can smash the exam with just vocabulary learning and a little listening practice. Make a large Quizlet set/vocab list with everything, learn it, and bob's your uncle.
Original post by BarnabyK
IMO, you can't get above a grade 7 if you're just learning the "necessary vocab" when it comes to GCSE MFL (I've done 4, for reference) - learn it all, it'll take you a little longer, but you can smash the exam with just vocabulary learning and a little listening practice. Make a large Quizlet set/vocab list with everything, learn it, and bob's your uncle.

Thanks for the reply! Is the extra vocabulary just for the writing, or more generally across the exams? For context, I have an anki deck with all the base vocab on the AQA website, and am bilingual in another language which helps.
Original post by anonlearner4
Thanks for the reply! Is the extra vocabulary just for the writing, or more generally across the exams? For context, I have an anki deck with all the base vocab on the AQA website, and am bilingual in another language which helps.

Writing + Generally: Anki is a good idea, keep up with it. There’s also a plugin to export quizlet to anki, so use that.
Original post by BarnabyK
Writing + Generally: Anki is a good idea, keep up with it. There’s also a plugin to export quizlet to anki, so use that.

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest