Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Weirdest thing just happened about 5 mins ago, my digital radio just lost connection suddenly and couldn't connect to any radio station... then I went online to see if I could get any radio station, none of the 'listen online' worked for BRMB, Heart etc. Turned the TV on, no signal going to my freeview = no channels...

About 5 mins later the radio came back on, online radio worked and the Freeview came back, all at the same time!

Freaked me out a bit tbh, I would ask other people in my halls but it's 2am, so maybe not!

ReputationRep:
    yeh my digital radio did exactly the same thing about 10 minutes ago - back on now though, few

ReputationRep:
    yeh lost signal on my phone

ReputationRep:
    My phone went funny but my TV is currently in Preston being repaired so

ReputationRep:
    Grab your cricket bats.

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that this question is pretty open to people not telling the truth - obviously I cant verify everyone's stories, but if you were affected.. you weren't alone. lol

ReputationRep:
    Must have been a solar flare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Must have been a solar flare.
    OMG I can't believe you just suggested such a preposterous idea.

It was far more likely an EMP set off by the KGB.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody cares but it happened again at around 4am
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    if it was from the sutton coldfield mast, then they may have switched all their services over to the temporary mast they have built? obviously there would be a period where they were both off... could it have been that possibly.. *nerdy moment*

ReputationRep:
    It's the trigger for the Zombies to rise from the dead... grab your weapons stash and head for your secret underground bunker...

You haven't prepared a secret underground bunker?!? Are you mad?!? Well you're not sharing mine! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    if it was from the sutton coldfield mast, then they may have switched all their services over to the temporary mast they have built? obviously there would be a period where they were both off... could it have been that possibly.. *nerdy moment*

Good point - i'm in Nottingham at the minute though but they have a similar thing here I suppose - that's a very sound explanation, I just found it weird that TV, Radio and online radio went all at the same time :dontknow:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well if they cant broadcast over the air thentheres no point tramitting over the net really is there?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.