The Student Room Group

Revision

I have just started my A-level geography course, for my GCSES I breezed through them doing little to no revision. I just got my predicted grades back and want to start a change but I have no idea how to revise efficiently.
Need help, Thanks
Original post by MRdiamond2006
I have just started my A-level geography course, for my GCSES I breezed through them doing little to no revision. I just got my predicted grades back and want to start a change but I have no idea how to revise efficiently.
Need help, Thanks

Mind maps, flashcards, essay questions, etc. They can help - videos and mind maps if you’re visual, flashcards if you’re s repetitive learner.
Original post by JA03
Mind maps, flashcards, essay questions, etc. They can help - videos and mind maps if you’re visual, flashcards if you’re s repetitive learner.

Do I go ahead in the syllabus to do these techniques, or just focus on what I have already been taught.
Original post by MRdiamond2006
Do I go ahead in the syllabus to do these techniques, or just focus on what I have already been taught.

Focus on what you’ve been taught and base your revision of your notes and the syllabus so you don’t include anything you don’t need.
Hey I was in the same position at the start of year 12, GCSE Geography was a complete breeze and I did hardly any revision to get solid grades.

Now being a Year 13 who has received offers to do Geography in university I feel like the best way (that I have found) to revise A-Level geography is through a mixture of Blurting and exam questions. I have made a summary document with most of the course on it, its WIP but having summary documents will make your life SO MUCH easier down the line so I suggest making them as you go through year 12. Then what I do is:

1. Read the topic (for example the case study of 'regeneration of the london docklands') summary
2. Cover my notes and write down everything I can remember about the topic
3. Check my notes and add anything I have forgotten to what I wrote down in another colour
4. Repeat this at regular intervals

On top of this when I feel confident with a particular topic I will look for exam questions on past papers, complete them and then hand them into my teacher for marking and feedback. Please do take feedback into consideration! Hope this helps :smile: If you're edexcel I don't mind helping with anything you're struggling with.

Quick Reply

Latest