Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How is it possible to have a whole day in which to do so many things, and end up having done hardly anything- but still feeling really tired like the day has been jam packed full of things??!!!!

And also- is it a bad idea to go out for dinner on valentines day with my ex-boyfriend who I do not want to get back together with, but who I would like to remain friends with, and I have told him that it is a meal just as friends, and that it doesn't mean anything, and nothing is going to happen. On what would have been our 5 year anniversary, except I broke up with him just over a week ago??

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    dont do. just dont. not a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    the first question? thats non-sensical!!
    the second? if i was that boyfriend, that'd kill me to go out with my ex and what WOULD HAVE BEEN such an anniversary. go out for a meal on another day if u really wanna remain friends, but not on valentines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hattie)
    dont do. just dont. not a good idea.
    why do you say this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    How is it possible to have a whole day in which to do so many things, and end up having done hardly anything- but still feeling really tired like the day has been jam packed full of things??!!!!

Ruthie xx
    Is it not some weird way in which the brain works. Something weird about synapses being connected unless you think which is the only time they rest. :s: afraid my biology is a bit rusty.

Join the club though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    why do you say this??
    just reciepe for bad new. ex boyf- you dont want to get back with him- valentines day- diaster....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabso)
    the first question? thats non-sensical!!
    the second? if i was that boyfriend, that'd kill me to go out with my ex and what WOULD HAVE BEEN such an anniversary. go out for a meal on another day if u really wanna remain friends, but not on valentines

he asked me though, so he is obviously ok with it......
    maybe i should phone him and tell him that i don't think its such a good idea?? but i don't really have any reasons why it would be so bad- its not as if I have anything else to do.

ReputationRep:
    he asked me though, so he is obviously ok with it......
    maybe i should phone him and tell him that i don't think its such a good idea?? but i don't really have any reasons why it would be so bad- its not as if I have anything else to do.
    OK I don't know either of you or anything, but looking at it from here, if he asked you, it might be his wanting to get back with you..on valentines day - and if your seriously not interested in getting back together, then it would save him being hurt if you don;t go! be sure what u want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabso)
    OK I don't know either of you or anything, but looking at it from here, if he asked you, it might be his wanting to get back with you..on valentines day - and if your seriously not interested in getting back together, then it would save him being hurt if you don;t go! be sure what u want
    but i already told him that i don't want to get back together, and it would just be a meal as friends

ReputationRep:
    but i already told him that i don't want to get back together, and it would just be a meal as friends
    He might not want to believe your relationship is over! He probably wants you back!

And would it not feel a bit weird with it being on valentines day? of all days!? it may remind you of all those past valentines days in the past you spent together Ruth..

If your confident in him not wanting to be back together with you, then go, it'll be cool! if your NOT confident in that, then it'll save a lot of hurt for him (maybe) if you didnt go

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.