Guys what's the IDEAL xmas gift your gf could get you? Watch

*_kate_*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ideally something to be given IN FRONT OF OTHERS

Yea I know what sports and music he's into etc. but that stuff just seems so boring and predictable- but guys don't care about that right?
Syntax Terrier
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of those Oreo prostate massagers.

Especially to be opened in front of people, you can say it is an othepedic backscratcher or something.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of those Day Trips/Experiences might be good if you can afford it, depending on how masculine he is. Could vary from a spa trip to quad biking or Paintballing. I'm not sure on the specifics of them, but if you can make sure it's not one constrained to a certain date. A time-frame would be fine but you don't want to run the risk of important things getting in the way of his present.
Lampshade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be honest, it's going to be difficult to find any real ideas on here. We're all different and we all have different needs and wants.

I for instance, need a new desk, would very much like a tv and possibly some more jumpers.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *_kate_*)
damn there goes my idea

i honestly dont know id say transformers but her not knowing which ones i have adn which ones i dont (i have over 400) means her chances of her getting me one i dont have (seeing as she doesnt know names or anything like that) would be slim
PasserBy9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is one present that will beat all others, a secret that up until now has been kept just to males. What we really want for Christmas, but would never admit to ... is a Pony! It's also quite easy to wrap as long as you have enough gift wrap.

But seriously, there are no easy answers to the question, that's what makes Christmas Shopping so painful, I mean, fun. If you want it to be special you have to sit down and think by yourself. It could be something related to his music/sports that no one would think of or it could be something completely different, something you take a risk with.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Transformers? Are you like 8:confused:? Only joking its quite cute really ......Seriously though do you play with them or what?

I'm liking the daytrip thing but I'm a student.... with no job...... will look into it but he aint worth going broke for!
Action Figures stay in their boxes until you're retired and you can sell them toget a nice retirement fund :yep:

And I think there are some cheap(ish) experience/daytrip things in the Argos catalogue. You could also get him a magazine subscription (I think they sell packs/voucher things for these in WH Smith)

Also, if you're strapped for ideas then gadgets are always cool. Look for an online store that sells gadgets and they'll often have a "For Him, For Her, For Friends etc." section of ideas. Most online stores do. For my friends, I always try and think of something that matches them.

You could always get him something cheap and write in a card "the real present comes later" or something. Roleplay will go down a treat :ninja:
Tinty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there something he needs?
I asked my boyfriend what he wanted cos I didn't know and thinking was really hard and I thought well what if he doesn't like it.
Turns out there was so yay.
But I will get him a little something else so he wont know. Probably a book or something cute and sweet.
JammyDodger3000
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I once made my boyfriend a movie for his birthday!!!

I got all our friends to say nice/random things about him and put it all together with lots of pictures (Including baby pictures - I got his Mum in on the act!) and random stuff that only we'd understand...

It was fine to show to others, and everyone really enjoyed it. He thought it was brill because it showed him how we all cared and it didn't cost anything!!
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you sure you have a girlfriend mate
intersting a dig by someone hiding behind the anon feature - very brave

and yes im sure i have a girlfriend or ive being having some severe hallucinations for the last five years

Transformers? Are you like 8:confused:? Only joking its quite cute really ......Seriously though do you play with them or what?
by playing do you mean actually act them out the way a kid does - no i dont do that. I will sit and transform them whilst im watching TV or playing on the comp but thats about it. and only the newwer ones my older ones (the ones from the 80's) are on my shelf and dont get touched unless im dusting them.

And thier collectors pieces not toys (thats my excuse and im sticking to them )
CarlaJade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JammyDodger3000)
I once made my boyfriend a movie for his birthday!!!

I got all our friends to say nice/random things about him and put it all together with lots of pictures (Including baby pictures - I got his Mum in on the act!) and random stuff that only we'd understand...

It was fine to show to others, and everyone really enjoyed it. He thought it was brill because it showed him how we all cared and it didn't cost anything!!
Aw, that's really sweet!

I think the day trip/experience idea is a good one.

www.activitysuperstore.com

I've been a bit stuck for ideas for what to get my boyfriend as well. I don't know if I'll be able to afford one of the really awesome experiences by Christmas but I'm definitely planning to sort one out sometime soon.
nadineheather
Report 10 years ago
Ha, the most cheesey thing I ever did. I got a sketch book, covered the front cover with "101 reasons why I love you" and then collaged each page, wrote "I love you" in a different language on each page, and then wrote "...because...blahblahblah" and thought of 101 reasons. I put random pictures and cut out random words that meant something on each page, and although it took me like a month to do - he loved it. Maybe a scrapbook or something like that?
iloveshopping
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i need ideas too..its my boyfriends birthday on 30th november and then xmas!! ahh...

for my birthday i had no idea what i wanted so he remembered me saying i wanted a new bag ages ago...so he brought me to river island bags section and said he narrowed it down to a few diff 1s so i narrowed it down to 2!!! but then i decided i wanted new pjs and dressing gown so went 2 la senza n got them! then on my bday i got them, a bag and he said 'the lining of the bags nice, isnt it' so when i looked inside there was a 'me to you' bear saying special girlfriend' awww!!
i wana do something nice!!
i think a satnav wud be really good for him, he knows i have that idea but says not to get one cos they are expensive! so might ask him what he wants, get him that and a satnav which he wont know about and a card saying something meaningful and nice!! what you think?
dita_parlo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For christmas this year I have got my boyfriend tickets to Metallica, some exercise thing that he wanted and I'm gonna get him a Van Damme DVD that he doesn't have. For past christmas's I've bought him a digital camera, sex stuff, tickets to Ricky Gervais, aftershave, DVD's things like that.
Ryan_J_W
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Yea I know what sports and music he's into etc. but that stuff just seems so boring and predictable- but guys don't care about that right?
1/2 Oz. and a Frankie boyle DVD :yep:
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My bf was inconsiderate enough to be born ON Christmas day, so I have to find double the pressies (because I know how much it sucks to be given a present and told it's your joint Christmas AND birthday present. I used to really resent people who weren't born in December!) for him. Eep!
jcb914
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by silverbolt)
i honestly dont know id say transformers
Transformers? Is that a joke?
chauhanvik
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I had a gf, i'd ask for this...

http://www.stormwatches.com/terrain-square-10750
Sprockette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Grrr I had it all planned out, guitar hero and the drum kit and he went in - with me - and bought them last week I was so annoyed!?

So now I'm thinking an activity day maybe...
Kemik
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My ideal gift would be a bl... oh wait you're giving the gifts out in front of family? hmm...

Can't go wrong with DVDs/Blurays. Especially now I'm a student and can't afford to buy the latest films :p: TV show boxsets would be even better! Does he like Family Guy? You can pickup five seasons of that for about £50.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads