The Student Room Group

Official 2023 Biology/Life Science Applicants UCAS

Hi there, i’ve just made this thread to gather all applicants of life sciences! I’m a Scottish student who has applied for biological/life science courses these are the universities and the courses i’ve chosen :smile::

University of Glasgow - Molecular & Cellular Biology
University of Glasgow - Human Biology
University of Strathclyde - Biochemistry & Immunology
Glasgow Cali - Biological Sciences (Conditional)
St Andrews University - Cell Biology

Has anyone else heard back from these courses yet or is everyone experiencing the same issue. Getting really impatient especially since i’ve had 0 offers yet!
(edited 1 year ago)
I have applied to Aberdeen for biological sciences and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm assuming it's because the deadline for applications is 25 January. From then on we should start hearing back.
Original post by zoehey
Hi there, i’ve just made this thread to gather all applicants of life sciences! I’m a Scottish student who currently hasn’t heard back from any universities yet - i’ve applied for the following:

Glasgow Caledonian University - Biological Sciences

Has anyone else heard back from these courses yet or is everyone experiencing the same issue. Getting really impatient especially since i’ve had 0 offers yet!
Reply 2
Original post by millie.ctr
I have applied to Aberdeen for biological sciences and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm assuming it's because the deadline for applications is 25 January. From then on we should start hearing back.

I really hope so! What other universities have you applied for?
Reply 3
Original post by zoehey
Hi there, i’ve just made this thread to gather all applicants of life sciences! I’m a Scottish student who currently hasn’t heard back from any universities yet - i’ve applied for the following:

Glasgow Caledonian University - Biological Sciences

Hi, I recently received an unconditional for Biomedical Sciences at Glasgow Caledonian, so hopefully they get back to you soon!
Reply 4
Original post by cxnnxr
Hi, I recently received an unconditional for Biomedical Sciences at Glasgow Caledonian, so hopefully they get back to you soon!

That’s amazing, congratulations! I got a conditional for Biological Sciences this morning - I need a C in Chemistry which hopefully I get since I’m crashing it this year 🙏🏻 Deadline is getting closer so hopefully we start hearing back soon!
Reply 5
Original post by zoehey
Hi there, i’ve just made this thread to gather all applicants of life sciences! I’m a Scottish student who has applied for biological/life science courses these are the universities and the courses i’ve chosen :smile::

Glasgow Cali - Biological Sciences (Conditional)

Hi! I'm a scottish student as well and i applied to courses in biochemistry and one chemistry course, but im not sure what area of life science i actually want to complete my degree in 😂

I've applied to biochemistry at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and St andrews and the medicinal chemistry course is for Glasgow too. I have received an unconditional for Edinburgh and the chemistry course at Glasgow. Hope that helps anyone in a similar position!

Quick Reply