The Student Room Group

Alternative to tutoring

Hi,I'm currently taking history,politics and sociology at A level and wondered if there were any free/very low cost alternatives to tutoring for this topics as I want to achieve at least an ABB
For free, you can write your essays and ask your teacher for feedback. Or if there is a topic you don't understand, you can ask a teacher too !!!

You can form a study group with your friends to go over things you don't understand/ give peer assessments.
Reply 2
Original post by Jihoooo
For free, you can write your essays and ask your teacher for feedback. Or if there is a topic you don't understand, you can ask a teacher too !!!

You can form a study group with your friends to go over things you don't understand/ give peer assessments.

Thank you!
Original post by Mabel6679
Hi,I'm currently taking history,politics and sociology at A level and wondered if there were any free/very low cost alternatives to tutoring for this topics as I want to achieve at least an ABB

Hi apologies, I don't take any of your subjects so I'm deffo not the most qualified to answer your question. But you're teachers aren't there to help you in class, they are there to help you get the grades you need, whether that be 1-1 sessions with them, after school or lunchtime revision sessions, Or if you do a set of exam questions in your spare timeand you want them to check it and give you improvements. At the end of the day, you're teachers want to see you do well. I go to a standard state school, not posh or anything like that but my teachers are so supportive of us, and they are more than happy to help us with private sessions (exactly the same as tutoring), revision clubs or marking our essays. They want to see us do well at the end of the day, so I hope you're in the same position as me, with approachable teachers, make the most of them cus they will be your biggest help.

If you're not in that position, youtube videos are useful, keep doing exam questions. use your class powerpoints and pre-read before your lessons.

Quick Reply

Latest